Pain but gallbladder is gone

Posted , 5 users are following.

i had my gallbladder removed 7 months ago2 days after sugery i was right back in the er with unexplained back pain. Never really felt right but this week I am having all the attack pain all over again.I also have pain between my shoulder blades and am burping and have constant gas. Anyone have anything similar?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi i had mine removed back in july 11 so it would make it about 6 months now still have some pains here and there i have noticed is with certain foods like orange juice ,anything fried ,beans and of course anything spicy you think that once is gone the pain is gone wish i knew it before i went thru this surgery makes me think if it was the right thing to do honestly hope you feel better i take tums and drink chamomile tea and it calms my stomach ache a bit hope it helps

• Posted

SAME HAPPENED TO ME JUST TAKE OMEPRAZOLE AND YOU'll be good in 5 minutes.

• Posted

I also noticed that people have the tendency of gain weight after surgery and develop FATTY LIVER, and sleep apnea, I ended up having a bariatric surgery and now I FEEL excellent' lost weight no more fatty liver, no more Sleep apnea, no more cholesterol or BLOOD PRESSURE pills and I am running again. WATCH for the same pattern.

• Posted

Hiya

These symptoms sound like Gastritis, I developed this after GB removal. Talk to your dr about going onto a PPi for a while, an endoscopy will confirm it, Try eating very small meals for while, no spicy food, coffee, alcohol, chocolate. Take a good pro-biotic every day. It does clear up after a few weeks.

Very best wishes.

• Posted

how long did you take the ppi and which ppi did you take? how long it took for the gastritis to be better?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.