Pain Every Day

Posted , 6 users are following.

This all started late Dec 2014 I had pain which seemed to come from the gallbladder region , it was every time I ate the pain came an hour or so later and would last 5 -6 hours. 

I went to my doctor and she sent me for tests , blood tests and an ultrasound , the blood test came back with slight elevation of the liver but the gall bladder was clear.... her advice was come back in 4 weeks if the pains still there!

Four weeks later the pain was definately still there! so I asked to get reffered to a private doctor who also thought it was gallbladder problem but decided to do an endescopy , which i was glad of , the results came back inflamed stomach and eosophagus and a hiatus hernia , amazing what referred pain can result in!

I am now on a double dose of lansoprazole and my own GP put me on Domperidone as the pain was not subsiding ,I go back to the private doctor soon ( 2 months after my results ) hope fully he can do something for this constant pain... I eat small amounts ,I dont eat rich or spicy food, I dont snack between meals and I have upped my walking to lose weight but the pain still appears after eating sometimes comes back with avengence every few days...this is a horribble condition to have and I sympathise with everyone who has it

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,

Good to know nothing sinister there.

Maybe you can try to eat slowly and take time to chew your food to allow it to go to your stomach. Just my insight.

hope it helps.

• Posted

Caroline,

are the medications doing anything for your conditions?

With elevated liver enzymes...I would immediately take 100mg of milk thistle

daily with plenty of water.  until  next blood work. With a

hiatial hernia...you don't want stomach content fluxing up into your throat night time...so elevate your head and shoulder, and take one not two...one bismuth tab pre bed time...if these simple things help...then we might suggest additional things in an attempt to get to the underlying cause of your gastritis...since blood tests ruled out "Helicobactor Pylori"? right??

btw, maybe would be a good idea to protect your stomach lining pre meals with either   DGL or Slippery Elm which ever works for you. And slow chewing, especially carbs makes very good sense.

Ann

• Posted

Dear Caroline i had oesophagitis and gastitis two seperate times, it can take ages to clear even on medication my gastitis started up in December but didnt really clear until April this year x
    • Posted

By staying on medication and eating bland food really, no alcohol caffeine, chocolate or fat with raised bed
  • Posted

Caroline

Why don't u ask the drs if u might

have Gallstones. They have a procedure where they can sometimes check the

ducts of the gall bladder to see if u have

stones in the duct. It is like the endoscopy.

I would go back to the GI dr. Have they checked your pancreas lipase and amylase blood tests. You also might just

have irritable bowel u mite want to try

a fiber supplement or gasex. It sounds like

it sucks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.