Pain in left abdomen one year after crisis

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, my friends. My name is Otacilio. I have 46 years old and i live in Brazil. I ask for your help. In September of 2016 I had a very strong crisis of diverticulitis and then I feel pain in the left abdomen when I walk or make any effort. I had surgery 4 months ago to remove the sigmoid colon but the pains continue the same way. I can not make any physical effort that the abdominal wall hurts. can anybody help me?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Oh dear poor you. I was just looking for help when I saw your post.  I have really bad soreness in lower left groin region and am going through a flare up at the moment.  Seems to be lasting longer than before?  Have been on antibiotics for 3 days and mostly liquid diet.  Really hard though as it's Christmas!  I've never had diverticulitis this long....started last Wednesday!  When it goes on it scares you doesn't it? 

Sorry this is not really helpful to you but sometimes it helps to know you're not alone.

• Posted

I hope someone who has actually had the surgery spots this and makes a reply to you, to give you some idea of what to expect and timescale.  As a general principle though, after major surgery it does take months to heal internally and for the pain to subside.  I am aware that women who have a hysterectomy are forbidden to do anything heavy from 3 - 6 months depending on the type of surgery, to allow for internal healing.  Best wishes
    • Posted

Thank you for your attention. I've been feeling the pain for about 9 months. I believe that the crisis of diverticulitis that I had also inflamed the abdominal muscle.

• Posted

Chele59 is right - if you are still getting symptoms, you need to go back to your doctor.  Hopefully they will be able to make sure nothing apart from healing is going on, and reassure you.
  • Posted

Oh my word. Please go back to your dr and ask advice.  It may well be nothing to worry about.  Felinia is right Any surgery can take a long time to heal.  Please take care of yourself and don't over exert yourself.

Happy Christmas.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.