Pain in left breast for around a month now.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey, my name is Hayley. I'm 19 years old, soon to be 20. I suffer with terrible Health Anxiety, and not on medications for it. For the past four weeks I have had alot of pain in my left breast around the sides, the bottom and under my collar bone. I've tried taking ibuprofen, naproxen and asprin for it but nothing is helping. It's a dull, achy pain and my breast feels very full and also it looks a bit swollen. With my health anxiety ofcourse I'm thinking I'm having heart problems or breast cancer... I just want to rule out those two. I don't feel any lumps or knots at all. It also causes my left side and back to hurt. Can anyone tell me the cause of this? Thanks.

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Have you seen your GP? Had tests done etc?
  • Posted

did you lift something too heavy or twist the wrong way? work out or use your upper body differently than in the past? could be muscular or nerve related.
  • Posted

If in doubt get it checked out with a doctor. But as u know u have health anxiety I would say it's more because of this and the more u worry the worst those symptoms become. I'm sure u are fine but speak to the doctor just to put ur mind at rest
  • Posted

I don't do any stretching or excersising. I haven't lifted anything recently. It's started making the entire left side of my ribcage sore. I also have acid reflux too.
  • Posted

Hi, Hayley:  It is probably nothing, but please see your doctor to relieve your mind of any worries.  I have a hiatal hernia, and it hurts along those lines, too.  You might ask your doctor about that, and also gall stones....If everything checks out fine and you still have it, it is probably anxiety and should go away as time goes on....HUGS.
  • Posted

Ive had same thing for past three weeks! Im booked in for a mamagramm tomrrow even though doc says nothings wrong

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.