pain in leg and arm after gallbladder removal

Posted , 5 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I had my gallbladder removed on the 7.11.14 , I had a ball off pain in the side off my left thigh and now have a dull pain in my arm which is now in my shoulder , has this anything to do with my op ?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi The pain in the shoulder is common after surgery due to the anaesthesia. It can take a while for the effects to wear off. In the thigh I am not sure. If it gets worse consult your GP. But I think it is to do with surgery. Best wishes. Leni
    • Posted

I had the sharp pain in my shoulder after op it lasted about 5 days, this pain is mor of a dull ache , just wondered if anybody had the same after there op 
  • Posted

Hi...Anita - it is just  possible that is a resue of trapped air that they pump in when the do the operation, as they have to do this to enable them to see the relevant organs when they do the key hole surgery and it very often goes up towards the shoulder as in my wife's case, I had mine out but didn't have those symptoms, but it does sound very much like it, it should disperse quite soon if it is that, which is very common. Look up trapped air after operation in Google. Hope this helps.
    • Posted

Had the sharp pain in right shoulder after op which wore off after 5 days  , this pain is more off a dull ache starting in lower arm then travelling up to shoulder, aslo have had a numbness feeling in lower right back since the op ,but doc said its not related to op , just told me to come back if it dosent go. going back doctors next week hopefully it gone by then , thanks for your reply 
    • Posted

HI Anita

i agree the air you were pumped full of in surgery takes days to disperse and ends up in your shoulders.

but remember also you are un conscience and they move you about . I had a breast lump removed a few years ago and had a bang on my knee and sore leg . I just guessed they had messed up moving me from bed to operating table or vice versa ... 

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up