Pain in lower right side of back and down leg.

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have had pain for over two and a half years and am wondering if this is related to the menopause?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Does anyone eat the wrong food and feel sick with this perimenpause if I eat the wrong thing I start feeling sick
    • Posted

I've developed some severe food sensitivities as I ventured into the peri-menopause years.  If I eat certain foods, like the nightshade family of veg, I suffer awful full-body pain, terrible brain fog, dizziness, and feel a deep, emotional darkness.

• Posted

Me too michelle.. Lots of food sensitivities to foods since peri. I don't even know what to try again and I need to as I'm just not eating enough and losing too much weight! What do you eat now? Are you losing weight? And what foods have you tried to reintroduce back with success if any?

• Posted

Hi Gypsy- My food issues are an adventure, to say the least. I developed chronic hives that lasted 6 months, and did a low-histamine diet. And then found many of the foods I tried to re-introduce don't work-- potatoes feel like they kill me. Now I basically eat salads/most vegetables. proteins and some fruit and rice. No gluten, no nightshades, no caffeine, etc.  Luckily chocolate isn't a problem LOL.

I'm not losing weight,- would love to get ride of this "meno-pudge" but I've been able to maintain pretty well.  A food diary has helped a lot, since I can instantly see what didn't work.

• Posted

Thank you michelle for sharing.. I too have been doing the no gluten and low histamine as well, but need to start reintroducing more foods back to see what will still bother me and what wont. So what veggies and fruits can you eat and what do you stay away from, can you eat lunch meats or no processed foods?Thanks again for all the food tips you sound a lot like me when it comes to the food, lots can bother me..
  • Posted

No, it sounds as if it's related to Sciatica nerve pain. Look up exercises on yt, to help alleviate this pain. Also, if you work out stop doing bends that pull on your back. This is what caused the inflammation on my sciatica nerve. Be gentle with your back and when you bend, make sure you bends your knees first then go down. 

• Posted

Have been doing suggested exercises for sciatica and also pilates and those relating to ham strings for 18 months now. Also been told how to sit properly and never cross my legs... which I never do now. I keep thinking that it's getting better and feel like two steps forward and two back all the time! I am having another MRI on Monday with the possibility of steroid injections, if they can find anything to inject that is.

• Posted

Sounds like sciatica, I had it this year and it affects the leg like that, plus it can affect the foot too
  • Posted

Ggrrrrrrr I can't sleep I have really bad insomnia please please any ideas ladies?

• Posted

The professionals say no as it is located in my lower right side and is always there to some degree. I don't get shooting pains down my leg now it just aches a lot.

• Posted

Then it could be fibromyalgia. I use to have it, achy legs muscles. I still get it sometimes when I eat wheat products. I found the culprit after living with it for almost 30 years. There is a cure if it's fibromyalgia but I can't post it here. If you want that information sent me a pm.

• Posted

Having been in pain in my lower right back for over two years i am wondering  whether it is due to having a severed  cruciate ligament in my rightt knee which I injured over 18 years ago and was left unfixed . In all the time since I have  been able to swim dance walk etc without major problems. Has anyone had any similar  problems through this type of injury?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.