Pain in pelvic area, needing to go for a wee, but not a UTI

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi I'm going through peri and have been for the past 3 years or so. Last week I went to the drs with pain in my tummy just above my pubic bone and an urgent need to wee. The dr gave me antibiotics, but the symptoms are now worse. The pain is like a period pain and like there is someone placing pressure on there too. I'm really worried I have something more sinister going on, because of my IBS has flared up to. Does anyone else have these symptoms with their peri menopause?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I usually get it on my left side when I'm ovulating. I get the urgency to pee too. I get a lot of recurrent uti's. Just last week I thought I had a Uti and the test was negative. Sometimes during peri, our hormones cause our bodies to mimic the symptoms of so many conditions that it can be difficult to know when something serious is going on.
  • Posted

Hi Mo, did your doctor send a sample of your wee to be checked for an infection first? i find mine are always coming up negative, taking antibiotics when not needed isnt good for you as they are wiping out your immune system and leaving you as you say feeling worse. this area does really cause problems during the pre menapause, i know as i suffered badly in the years before the menapause. you can experience what feels like an infection when its just inflammation caused by

hormone changes. I find chocolate and caffein really irriitates my bladder.

• Posted

hi mo333jo i know exactly where your coming from im going through it now for days have been feeling urge to wee all time and hurting when i pass urine but it not an infection and my ibs has been really back to but it is all down to my hormones.  i am taking mebeverine and trying to eat as healthy as possible as well as drinking plenty water until it passes.  i do think your doctor should have tested your wee before giving you antibs hope you feel better soon x
  • Posted

I've had alot of hormone uti's, i got checked and it was negative every time, just watching what i eat drinking lots of water, then it goes away as mysterious as it came
    • Posted

i agree, i keep finding out more everyday, not from doctors but real women going thru it, keep posting and sharing ladies we're reading it
  • Posted

I am 49 and for the last 2 years my periods were so painful I felt like I was about to give birth.  I remember the same kind of pain during child birth. I had to lay down and raise my legs with pillows to relieve the pressure. My doctor, thank god she understodd, gave me a RX for the pain. Which heleped so much. I had to play my life around my cycle becuse I had cramps, labor pains, a week before my cylce. Every month I had two - three weeks of pain, swelling, breast tenderness, back pain, and was an emotional mess. Stay away from Mom was all my kids could say.  The feeling of needing to wee, had that too. Off to the restroom and nothing much came out. The thing that helped me most was to work on core excercises: Keegle, some pilates excercises to strengthen my core. Never should have stopped taking my pilates class.  Things have gotten better slowly. We have to keep our pelvic muscle strong as we age. Wish someone would have told me that when I hit 40. 
  • Posted

Oh yea me I have had stomach pain on my left side some times on my right and at times in the middle then my IBS symptoms flare up to to where my hemrroihds are acting up and yes it is a pain going through this because I don't want to eat when this is going on and i am moody and depressed i'm with you 100% girl 
  • Posted

the lining of thr cervix gets quite thin in meno and several infections are picked up.

thats what my doc told me.mine was called gardenella.flagela worked every time.

but from what you say it sounds like something is getting bigger and pressing on you organs.probably fibroid or cyst.

the doc could riddle out of treating you,so you must be insistant,.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.