Pain in stomach when pressed; no gallbladder?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Guys, really need some help with this. I had my gallbladder removed in august. It's going to be four months soon and i still feel like crap... if anything i feel worse than when I had my stone. I have this weird pain when I press on the right side of my belly button. And also a little bit above that area. What could it be? The pain is somewhat dull, never extreme or anything but I'm not sure what it is? I also can't seem to eat a lot because I feel so full and sick after a few bites and so full!!) And nauseous. It's so dreadful; I feel so miserable eating wise and I really thought getting this out would solve my problems. I really have to wait around 4-5 hours to eat. My stone was almost 4cm so it was huge and had to come out apparently. If any of you guys have experienced something like this please do tell me and let me know if you're better hopefully. My stomach feels so bad ugh is it going to be like this until the day I die?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi don't give up just yet it took me a good 16 months to feel gradually better. I was so disappointed with myself because the nhs website made it seem straightforward. You don't say if you've seen your doctor if not give him your list of symptoms and ask what he can do. I personally (and we're all different don't forget) thought I'd be stuck like that forever!! I still get odd symptoms now and again and wonder what they are but for the most part everything eventually ok and much better than before op (I had 2 x 2 cm stones thickening, infected so no choice it had to go ). Hope its the same for you too.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply! So you think maybe I should just give it time? I'm wondering if my stomach is just taking its time trying to get used to no gallbladder still?

• Posted

Hello demean..

i I had my gallbladder out 2 weeks ago. I can truly say digestion of food is torture. I have also had phantom intermitant pain right side lower beside belly button. I am hoping it is not apendix...but I am really monitoring this. Please know I am not trying to pre diagnose, however I have talked to several individuals who had their gallbladder a removed and later their appendix gave them trouble. The best option would be to consult your Gastro about your concerns. I will be doing the same in another week for a follow up visit. Let us know how things are going with you. Hang in there!

• Posted

Hi! I'm actually taking digesting enzymes every time I today eat, even with snacks because i feel like a the momen I can't digest my food well either 😣. It truly sucks! And my pain isn't really a pain, I can't really explain it but it's just this dull beating ache when i press on it only. It just feels weird honestly. Do you take anything to help you with food and how are you eating habits now?

• Posted

Hi deesan,

To answer your question about my eating habits and digestive aid, it's not a pretty picture. Mostly I have been sticking to baby food and baby oatmeal. I eat pickled beets and lots of raw vegetables. Every now and then if I have to eat sweets I stick to Russel Stover sugar free, and only eat one. Since the baby food is in squeezable take along packs, it's great if I start to crash. I do eat small mini meals about 4 to 5 times per day. Doing this keeps my liver and pancreas from hurting me. I do load up on Benefiber 2 to 3 times per day, and do a few capsules of probiotic sometimes. My weight is good, maybe gained a pound since surgery, but have had zero diarrhea. This is probably due to the fiber and staying very low fat diet. I eat tuna packets and eat chicken and turkey (no lunch meat) or processed meat in any form. I can see this will be a lifelong journey for me. Not real happy with it, but it keeps me out of the bathroom!  Let me know what type of foods seem to work or not work for you.

• Posted

I know exactly what you're feeling. After three months from my surgery I was still feeling so bad not able to eat and terrible gas pains as well as a pain right by my belly button. I was getting no answers from the surgeon who said that the surgery had gone well. I finally went to my GI doctor and he told me that I might need help in kick-starting my liver to function properly.. he prescribes Reglan for me and I've been on it for a couple of weeks now and starting to feel normal again. Apparently the time it takes to get over this really varies from person to person depending on a lot of factors. Please don't be discouraged and if you need to please go see your GI doctor and let him check it out because it may be other things going on that he can help you with. Best of luck

• Posted

Hey! I actually thought reglan was for nausea, is it not? Do you suffer from digestives issues or are you alright in that area? I guess Each person is different, I just want to feel better soon enough that's all 😞. I was miserable with this stone and now that I don't have it I still feel somewhat crappy and that makes me very upset.

• Posted

Any noticeable side effects with the Reglan? I was given this for slow stomach and I am Leary of taking it.
  • Posted

hi I would run your concerns past your gp but I think your body takes time to adjust to the changes it has to go through :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.