pain in stomache,need some advice

Posted , 4 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

had colostomy for diverticulitis christmas 2007 have parastomal hernia..been having really bad stomache pains for a week now..my rectum still works ,can you get diverticulitis again even though i have a stoma..need some answers please as newbie on this site

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I would go to your doctor and if you can't get an appointment, perhaps call 111 and they will get a doctor on call at the hospital to ring you back.  If they think you need to be seen, they will book you in via A&E so you don't need to wait so long.  
    • Posted

hi jane thanks for answering..will try to see my dr just didnt want to waste his time as he doesnt know much about diver or stomas..
  • Posted

I would go to the hospital.its a stab in the dark where doctors are concerned with these cases. be on the safe side and go to emergency,
    • Posted

hi daisy thanks for replying i have been to doctors on same day and have diver again which i didnt think you could get again..on antibiotics and being monitored xxx
  • Posted

HI Pamela,sorry to hear that,this will flair up whenever,you get it more than once,at least your being monitered unlike poor Jaqui,I have to go on antibiotics when i have a bad flare up, but i find steroids work better for me,only problem is putting on weight with them,good luck with the dd.take care.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up