pain in the middle of chest

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone

I have had gerd for about 5 years now but just latley i have been getting this nagging pain in the middle of my chest where the middle breast bone is...and also in my back....do any of you get this? I have changed my diet and lost 12lbs since being diaganosied with diabetes. Just wondering if its the diet change and i need to change tablets for another kind?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have the same problem all day long plus rib pain, breathing problems and mild itchy skin (or skin sensitivity) which starts in the afternoon. I do have mild reflux and gastritis and the reflux is on my esophagus and back of my throat/vocals.  Medications has don nothing for me. ;-(
    • Posted

Hi Papote,

I have read lots of your posts on this site and can relate to all your symptoms as I too have had all the usual tests including 4 endoscopes, barium swallow, ph manometry etc etc. I take ppi's and domperidone daily but still have pain in my chest and back everyday. All this has been going on for almost 3 years now and I still don't have a diagnosis.  I could write a book my story is so long and I am sick and tired of it all.

My GP now wants to check my gallbladder and I wonder if you have had any tests for this?

Best wishes,

Lynne

• Posted

Hi,

I had my gallbladder removed 6 months ago which they told me all my problems will be gone after that.  Well, they were wrong. ;-(  I see you are taking domperidone, which is the one I probably need based on my silent reflux but here in the States they don't prescribe it.   I will get a 2nd opinion from my new GI next month and tomorrow I will see an acupuncture.

• Posted

I have all the same symptons and had so many tests but everything keeps coming back clear. I keep saying its something to do with my gallbladder but ultrasounds keep saying its not.

At the moment im in process of seeing a private gastroenterologist so if i get any answers i will let you all know

• Posted

Hi Nicola,

I had an ultrasound when all this started which also showed nothing but GP suggested they should have another look.  These tests aren't fool proof - all 4 endoscopies I have had have given different results.

Just wish there was something they could do! sometimes think Doctors think I am making it all up which I certainly am not!

This forum has helped me a lot as it helps to compare notes with other sufferers although I wish none of us were suffering.

Please keep in touch and let us know how you get on.

Best wishes,

Lynne

• Posted

I know what you mean about doctors thinking you are making it all up. Im under 3 GI's at the moment in the hope of one finding the problem. Have you heard of a HIDA scan. It apparently looks at the gallbladder in depth more than an US so im thinking of suggesting this next.

Good luck with your search for help and will keep you informed when i get any news. Seeing private doc next Wednesday so fingers crossed x

• Posted

I am currently living in the middle east and have no choice but 2 see private drs /specilalists etc....all they want 2 do is scans, xrays ,blood tests and differnt practitioners come back with differnt diagnosis...makes u wonder sometime 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.