Pain in toes. Still after ankle surgery

Posted , 18 users are following.

Still getting a lot if burning in my toes. 18weeks after ankle surgery. Some days worse than others. Anyone else getting this. S

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It will be a year next month since having ankle reconstruction and still have some burning in toes. Talking with Dr there are some feelings that will never be the same but this is not saying at some point they will not be there. Just keep elevating and icing whenever possible. So hang in there as it can take up to a year.
  • Posted

Hi Sandra,

?I am going into my 4th week post op, I get numbness in my baby toe I am still in a cast right now. I can't wait until this is over. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Danette

• Posted

Thank you both. Seems that you never get over a broken ankle. Friend has just messaged me saying she still has problems now and it's 7yrs on!!! 😢 😢. I had numbness in my middle toe, it was bad odd feeling really, still get a bit now but with a bit of massage it helps ease it. But the burning once it starts can be a right pain. 18 weeks of hell so far. 😢 😢. Sx

• Posted

HI Da netted

We seem to be on the same schedule. I got my cast 8-7-27, Go back 9-1-17 .My exact words I can't wait till this is over . So far thank goodness I have no pain . I am wiggling my toes. I can move my foot a little up and down in the cast some . I am doing that hoping that my foot will not be as stiff. We'll make it as long as we have others to talk to who understand

• Posted

Exactly Susan,

I'm coming out the cast 8/30 I can't wait. I've got a shower chair but I just want to submerge myself I just feel so icky! I'm counting down 17 more days of this! We've got a great support group here!

• Posted

I was having the burning in the 1st and 2nd week they told me it was normal because the tendon wants to contract and it's not able to.

• Posted

That's what I got told but ad I'm 18 weeks in now, I've been expecting it to of gone by now. 😢. Sx

• Posted

Hello everyone, I am three weeks post op going on this Tuesday.  My cast came off a week ago due to the swelling.  Stitches came out this Friday so now in a walking boot.  I am able to put a little weight bearing on my foot. The only thing I am dealing with is my big toe is hurting not really bad but enough to notice.  I am not sure if this is from the swelling maybe.  Hoping for a fast recovery for all.

• Posted

I had my surgery 3 weeks ago,due to a car accident. Got my cast off yesterday and I'm hurting more than I ever have in my life. I woke up early in tears because my toes and sides of ankle are burning so bad,it feels like someone has a match burning them. I have some pain patches that I'm trying. Does ice help? I have my leg elevated 

• Posted

I'm almost at ten weeks now. My incision wound has still not closed up completely and after getting infected it set me way back. I couldn't wear the boot because every time I did my wound opened up again, despite putting in padding in the affected area. I elevate an ice almost incessantly because I still have some swelling in my ankle and the occasional shooting pains continue. It still aches most of the time but I can put weight on it and I walk without the boot, only using a cane. This mess happened before we were leaving on a cross-country RV trip but we're moving on. I've scheduled my 12-week x-rays in Niagara Falls and some physical therapy while I'm there too. It is certainly a different experience for everyone. Having the forum to discuss our issues helps a lot. At least we know we aren't weird or crazy. Best wishes and prayers to you all.

• Posted

Sandra.....I am only 3 weeks post opp but the burning in my toes and ankle is unbearable! Does anything help yours?
    • Posted

Ice, elevation and pain meds. It helped but it didn't stop for quite a while. At ten weeks I'm still getting shooting pains the the burning has stopped.

• Posted

9 days post op ligament repair surgery. Unbearable burning pain in top of my foot and toes pain meds do not help. Been up all night with no relief. Any suggestions?
  • Posted

!8 weeks!!! That is not good news. I'm at six weeks and right now my big toe feels like it is going to explode. It looks fine but the pain and discomfort is making me crazy. It was always my pinky toe in the beginning. Did you experience it in different toes at different times?

• Posted

Hello everyone!

I'm late to the discussion. I'm 16 months post op. My doctor prefers I get the screws and pins removed around my 24th month (8 screws). My toes (3rd and 4th) still burn and I get shooting pains. At least 3 times everyday. They hurt a lot, they don't disable me from walking, but they really do hurt a lot. Anyone else experiencing this? Thanks guys!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.