Pain in upper right side, under rib

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello ladies! Has any of you have experienced pain right where your liver is situated. Do hormones affect liver function?

Thank you in advance💜

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes...for years now. When I told my Dr. I was sent for a gall bladder scan. That came back negative, and the dull pain is still there. I've been taking a liver support since the pain started. I've read that the liver is affected by the hormonal changes that occur in menopause.

• Posted

Thank you nancy for your quick response, I am glad I am not alone. Hugs!!😊

• Posted

You're welcome! And SO not alone! This forum all the other women have been life savers for sure!?

• Posted

Liver Rite with milk thistle typically. There are all kinds of liver supports, but this was recommended to me by a pharmacist years ago.
  • Posted

Hi Maria 

I think I posted this question in July , I was on holiday for two weeks and had this constant niggle the whole time , I wondered if it was my liver or gallbladder, it was painful at times and couldn’t get comfortable. Thankfully it’s away now but did have it weeks , just another tick on the menopause list of many , I have the dizzy /detached feeling  at the moment . Take care , glad we all have each other 💕

• Posted

Hi Claire - Yep! Been there, done that - CT scan for gallbladder/liver - it does ease up & every so often I get it again.  You can get it checked out if it makes you feel better, but I am fairly certain it’s just another symptom of our depleting hormones. Take care - 

• Posted

Hi Maria.  Yep this is one of my very annoying symptoms.  It does come and go every 3-4 months.  Ultrasound showed sludge and some gravel stones in my gallbladder...it quit hurting and I decided not to have it taken out.  That was prob 3 years ago.  The last US I had whenever it was acting up didn’t show anything.  My friend who is a radiologist said sometimes none of the tests will show anything...especially sludge.  I did a lot of research on this.  I have such bad health anxiety.  And from what I read, yes our hormones do play a role in the gallbladder situation with the bile becoming thicker and developing stones.  Also, if you have dieted recently with a low fat diet...that can cause it too.   I hope you feel better soon 
    • Posted

2chr2015 I actually had my gallbladder removed years ago. I am waiting on liver test results though😥. Thank you for your response. Hugs?

• Posted

2chr2015 I actually had my gallbladder removed years ago. I am waiting on liver test results though😥. Thank you for your response. Hugs?

• Posted

Awe!  Okay.  Well please let us know what they say.  When do you think you will hear something?  And was it the same type pain you had with your gallbladder?
    • Posted

I should be hearing from my Dr by tomorrow. The pain that I get now is totally different from the pain from my gallbladder. This pain I am experiencing now is like a short stabbing pain under my rib cage😔

• Posted

Oh ok.  Thank you for sharing what you are going through.  And let us know.  ((Hugs)) and hang in there
  • Posted

Have you had a check up? Could be gallbladder flare up...it was with me. Gallbladder is attached to liver somewhere in there because it holds bile. Similar pains made me go get checked.
    • Posted

I don't have a gallbladder, it was removed years ago. It really feels like it is my liver, waiting on my blood work, I should no by tomorrow. Thank you?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.