Pain Management

Posted , 5 users are following.

Whoopee I see the Pain Management Consultant tomorrow (28th), I'm expecting to be offered nothing but relaxation therapy or some other similar guff :roll: :x :oops:

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Oh it's worse than that,, he said he's referring me to a Psychiatrist because any pain relief he gives me I'm likely to escalate (take tons (and overdose)) :roll: Oh well,, hey I'm still alive :D
  • Posted

I'm seeing the Gastro consultant on Thursday (19th) and I'm putting my foot down, I'm sick of being insulted / getting passed from pillar to post by these jokers sad The 'Pain Management Consultant' was shocked I was taking a couple of boxes of Paracetamol a day,, well to be honest that's not even half of what I'm taking sometimes,, WTF kind of pain consultant gets shocked that someone is in pain and is taking a tonne of pain relief? Duh why did he think I was there,, oh yeah sorry I was there for fun :roll: rolleyes
  • Posted

Usually I just see a minion but this time I seen the top boss consultant gastroenterologist and he was remarkably frank and down to earth :shock: He's sending me for (yet another) Endoscopy, MRCP (which I'd been thinking this is exactly what I need, that or ERCP) and also he's referring me to the Heart people, he reckoned that what I was describing was a heart issue not a gastro issue, ha! So much for the pain management consultant sending me to see a psychiatrist because "nothing causes pain like that" :roll: Hmm ya know quite often / sometimes for brief minutes I do find myself not being able to catch my breath / 'gulping like a goldfish', I always thought it was nothing and I've never mentioned it but I wonder if this has something to do with it? Dunno smile

Also he put me on Citalopram as he reckons I need cheering up :D Yeah tell me about it :roll: :D

• Posted

I've been on Citalopram before (upto 60 mg) but this time (only on 20 mg) I'm crashing out , I ended up in bed at 6 pm and now I'm wide awake at 3 am :D
  • Posted

I don't think I'll be taking these Citalopram for much longer, they do my guts in sad I asked this consultant to write to my GP to tell them to give me IBS medicines (my GP won't give me anything at all,, says it's upto the hospital / consultants) and he said no I shouldn't have any (this is from the consultant who for years has made out I've got IBS in fact he even went as far as to point it out to me whilst having a Sigmoidoscopy (even though you can't see IBS, what's that about? Testicles int :rollbiggrin, anyway, if I didn't need IBS medicines before I'm definitely in need of them with these pills, so no I'll give them a few more days and if there's no improvement gut wise then they're going in the bin smile
  • Posted

So I got the letter off the Consultant this morning and to be honest I'm fuming! More insults! It's as clear as glass to me that he / they just wants me off his books because I'm denting his clinical outcomes or similar NHS statistic but if he thinks insulting me is going to make me throw in the towel he's very much mistaken! The guy said I was a "little bit manipulative" :O Which is a bit rich from a Doctor who pointed out where my IBS was when IBS is actually invisible :roll: He also says that I am "rather depressed clinically" which is absolute testicles, if anything I'm actually angry and pee'd off with being chin stroked and smirked at by these so called professionals! sad

On a positive note and after reflection I actually think he's right about it being a heart problem,, I really do seem to be suffering from Angina rather than an Ex Gallbladder issue but whether the heart people are going to find the cause is another matter,, I really really hope so,, I really want to be able to shout "in your face!" insulting baskets, doubters and chin strokers! :D

• Posted

So I had a MRCP (Magnetic Resonance Cholangiopancreatography) last Saturday to have a look at my Biliary Ducts etc,, bet now on the outcome / findings (no I don't know what they've found (if anything))? ;D I've had to knock the Citalopram on the head as they made me exceedingly hungry which you'd think is a good thing for someone who is skin and bones but I'd rather do without it considering that it's the eating that's causing my pain (angina?), anyway whilst I appreciate being perked up I'm definitely better off without it pain wise smile
  • Posted

So I see the Cardiologist on the 28th, I really really hope they understand what I'm saying because it's slowly but surely getting worse, I'm now almost constantly suffering from the chest / neck / jaw / tooth ache, it's not painful as such but it can't be right rolleyes
  • Posted

The Cardiologist reckons he's writing to my GP to have me put on Beta Blockers, he said if there's no improvement after a while he'll send me for an Angiogram, to be honest I'm ever so slightly disappointed, I need Nitro TODAY not BB's in a few weeks / a months time / whenever sad The results were back from the MRCP but I still dunno what the thing said,, so the bets on what the results say are still open :D I'm betting the results say there's nothing there, or, oh it's something minuscule so STFU sad ;D
  • Posted

I've got Vascular Disease (Mural Thrombi in the Distal Abdominal Aorta), I guess they must be throwing off blood clots or something rolleyes It's been there in my notes since March 2011 sad So much for needing a Psychiatrist eh? :D So I've got to make an appointment to see my GP and get some Bisoprolol smile
  • Posted

The Bisoprolol is really helping, I really have been suffering from terrible Angina for these past at least 2 years! Yeah it works great (mostly) if I'm not doing anything but walking, eating and strangely lying down still causes pain smile On a less positive note my GP tells me I've got a Mural Thrombus in my Heart, great, sounds like I'm a blinking Heart attack waiting to happen rolleyes 41 and I'm knackered,, oh well :D
  • Posted

Oh. I had a Gastroscopy,, typically I've got Gastritis in the Stomach and Duodenum and an Erosion in my Duodenum,, the Gastrobod (this is the one who likes to write unkind / barbed / sniping reports) is still convinced I'm infected with H.pylori but I've had every test under the sun including a breath test and they say I'm completely clear of it so I'm not sure what's going on there rolleyes
  • Posted

I had these syptoms for a time before I was diagnosed, the shortness of breath etc , along with others.  I found out that I had heart failure........ great day.....NOT!

anyway, I have stage 4 heart failure, that was a bigger shock.

That was a couple of years ago, and while it is stage 4, I am feeling better than I had during all that time with no treatment.  I  can mostly do all the standing things etc that caused me to not be able to be like that and yes, sometimes fall and need help.  It can still happen, but not often at this point in my life.  My age may be a good thing for me.  I am currently 41.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.