Pain post gallbladder removal

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

I had my gallbladder removed 4 weeks ago via key whole surgery, after the initial 2 and a half weeks of recovery I felt amazing. I have in the last couple of days had a pain on my left side under my rib cage leading to under my armpit area, it feels like a dull painfull ache with sharp painfull wind movements in the upper stomach area. When I first started having gallstone attacks, a year ago, I was misdiagnosed with dyspepsia which I was trying to medicate myself for which resulted in me having infections, a nasty bout of acute pancreatitis and a four day stay in hospital. Is this pain around my left normal?

Thank you for your help.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had pain on my left side but mine was straight away after, I was rushed back in with internal bleeding so docs said could be trauma to diaphragm or I've pulled it. Seems to be getting lots better now tho? Pop to docs see what they say. Sorry can't be more help. Hope you get it sorted
    • Posted

Thanks,

I'm sure it will be ok and glad you are on the mend. It's just exhausting going through the worst pain ever in gallstone attacks, the the op just to have more pain.

Take care and thanks again.

• Posted

I had my op in february this year, and had pain just under my ribs on the left side almost immediatly after and still have it now.  The Doc seems to think something is irritating my bowel as this is wear the bowel is, and iv had diareah since my op and treating it with fibrojel.  also get reflux at night.  and still have pain where my gaulbladder used to be, which althou more like a dull ache, sometimes feels soar and bruised.  so i guess your not alone, but get gp advice.
  • Posted

Hi! Well, i can say it's normal though i feel the same way too.

i was told because it's a trauma inside the body and need sometime to recover completely.

Hope you'll be better soon!

Regards,

katherine

xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.