Pain... scared!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had some pain in my labia majora. I thought I had a cut or something during sex but it's been a couple days and it stI'll hurts. I took a picture... I am also going to call the Dr. I am scared that it might be something serious. Can anyone tell what this may be?

1 like, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

I remember being young and every little thing down there...scared the crap out of me...I assure you it is nothing but irritated.  try Vaseline or something gentle for a couple of days...and see if that provides you relief.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I will try that. I just had a Pap in May and that would show HPV if I had it. Right? I had a clean pap and only one partner since then and he is clean. I have just never had anything like this before... I hoping that I am over reacting... it hurts... but it almost feels like when you get 's scratch.. and the marks are in a line. I don't know how to upload the picture or I would.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yes, HPV is one of the reasons they do a PAP.

I had HPV when I was younger and it was caught on a PAP.

I had to have laser treatment to remove it..and then be checked more frequently for a year (every 3 months).  

I've experienced the same problem you are having to....the soreness...it is scary..but I truly believe it is nothing.  Its a mucos membrane...our mucus membranes get irritated sometimes.....it could be as simple as a new laundry detergent...or the pH in your body being off a little bit.

Sexually transmitted diseases..usually show up as sores....and such...I really think you will be ok in a week.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I am not Dr. But this happens to be occasionally & I use witch hazel. (If you're not familiar with what & where to find it, it's an astringent found right by the rubbing alcohol & peroxide in almost any store). Witch hazel also takes pain away from BEE STINGS (soak cotton ball and leave it on the area) any cut, scrape, abrasion ect. It's also the ingredient used in "Tux" hemeroid

wipes and use is encouraged after giving birth to bring pain & swelling down.

Good luck

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Follow Up:

Thanks everybody for your help! It did go away. Must have just been from friction. That was a little nerve racking!!

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

So glad it's all good now, plz let me know what you think next time using witch hazel. It doesn't numb anything just takes pain away within seconds (3-5 seconds literally!) We use it for EVERYTHING! Bee/wasp stings, cuts abrasions of all kinds etc...

sting

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Use a mild soap & lubricate and you'll be fine. And, you might wanna take a break from sex for a few weeks. Sex will probably cause more discomfort. If you were never vaccinated for HPV it could be a possibility that you may have issue with that but it can be resolved with the proper meds. However; you should make an appt to visit your Gynocologist. Good luck! 

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up