Pain that goes down leg

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I was just walking with a friend but by the end I had pain round my lower abdomen and pain almost coming from vagina and bowel if that makes sense, the pain also radiates down my right leg. Does anyone else experience this?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Possibly an inflamed Appendix?

Do you feel nauseus, have a raised temperature, upset tummy?

• Posted

Hi

I have over the space of a year had six bouts of severe pain where I wake in night with strong pain, I am sick each time, temperature and takes a few days to ease. This pain today is in same area but hasn't been as intense as normal today. I've seen doctors and getting no where at moment, just want to know what's wrong. Can appendix come and go?

• Posted

Certainly in the case of an infamed appendix the pain can be intermittent.

Why not return to your doctor and just ask the question 'the pain comes and goes, could the problem be an inflamed appendix'?

If your doctor completely rules this out, then you could insist that you get some answers as this is a debilitating experience for you.

If you feel that your doctor is failing you, why not just go elsewhere?

Please let me know how you go on.

Rod

• Posted

Thank you for your response, I am due to go back to the gastraologist, so will def mention this. thank you
  • Posted

I would be inclined to think this is likely a gynae problem. Have you noticed any connection to the time of this compared to where you are in your monthly cycle?
    • Posted

I think so to Louise, rather than food related. But they have said IBS so far. The last time I had the intense pain was a week before my period but I have had 6 months with nothing, so it's been hard to pin point it to anything with it so sporadic. I'm just finishing my period today. I have had scans and saw a gynae for endermetriosis but that was ruled out. I always wonder if somethingis mentioned like endermetriosis do they just look for that then, or check for other things at the same time. I do feel something has been missed though.
    • Posted

They should be able to identify many things from scans but I thought endometriosis could only be seen by laproscopy. That is what they think I have and I am to have one of those. I have had borh ultrasound and CT scans and they do not pick that up I'm sure
    • Posted

I had an internal and the lady said nothing felt/showed signs of endermetriosis, and didn't feel my symptoms were related. A laparoscopy would of been next if she did think so. pID was mentioned but not followed up on.

Let me know how you get on with yours, hope you get some answers. What are your symptoms Louise?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.