Pain under ribcage

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi! I posted in here before just after myop but touch wood everything settled down. However, 5 weeks post-op and know have pain under my ribcage, right hand side and also slight discomfort on my right side near incisions. It's completely different from a GB attack and almost feels muscular- anyone else experience this or know what it might be? I followed instructions to the letter, rested, haven't lifted anything heavy etc-hoping someone might have an answer! Thankyou

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, I had my Gallbladder out on the 3rd November, it takes a while for everything to settle down.

if I lie in a certain position it's slightly uncomfortable and feels as though the clips are tugging but its nothing to worry about. I just move.

I had minor pain on that side but your body is still adjusting and healing try not to worry.

I can eat anything now, certain mince, casserole etc give me wind and a gurgling tummy. But it's not to bad and I guess sometimes food goes through slightly quicker.

I took digestive enzymes after op and have started taking them again now after watching a clip on U tube they help with food digestion, break down the fat and help us to absorb minerals etc look at reviews etc if interested because you need advice on best ones to take.

My life has been transformed since the op I was so ill, having 9hr attacks, pain and vomiting every week or so is no fun.😰😢

Take each day one at a time, best wishes Amanda x😜

• Posted

Hi Anna,

It could be that it's still early days for you.  Outside stitches usually take 5-6 weeks to heal, but internally it can take a lot longer.  

Good for you for following the instructions.  You can't go wrong by doing that.  

I suggest that you try to give your body a little more time to heal and sort itself internally!  If you're still feeling these twinges after about a month, you might want to check in with your gp.

Best of luck to you, and please let me know how you get on!

• Posted

That's what I'm dealing with right now and have been for almost 2 years now. At least that's what they think is wrong. I just had my first therapeutic massage today. I'm praying that this will take the pain away as it gets very severe and lasts all day. I've been taking tramadol and ibuprofen which helps but I still suffer a lot. I've had a nerve block and two epidurals plus 20 physical therapy appointments but the suffering still continues. I hope you can can rid of this before it goes on too long. I'm going to continue the massage therapy and also stretching excercises. Doctors only want to pass you off to another doctor and give you drugs. I want to stop taking the drugs so I don't end up with some other complication from taking them. I wish you the best. This has beeen life altering.

• Posted

Hi everyone!

Apologies for not coming back sooner,I work on a ship and we've been crossing the Atlantic with no wifi!

Thanks for your replies, I'm pleased to say that everything seems to have settled down at last.... I had so many weird aches and pains post-op andI went back to work earlier than I should have which made me worry even more! Don't really know what it was, maybe one of those things I hope! Hope you're all getting on better, I've started taking aloe juice everyday and this has been amazing!

Take care And Thankyou x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.