Pain when walking all of a sudden 7 months after hip replacement

Posted , 8 users are following.

does anyone have any idea what I would all off a sudden have difficulty walking and pain in my operated hip 7 months after my hip replacement? Pain started about 3 weeks ago, noticed it while getting up from the ground. It has gotten worse and now limping. I don’t have dislocation because I wouldn’t be walking , any ideas? Could something have loosened? I know it’s not right, it feels like metal rubbing in my leg. Thoughts ? Thank you! 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi kidape,

Sorry for your pain probably should get x-ray soon as possible. Let us know how you are doing

Take care

Jackie

• Posted

Thank you. I do have one booked for next week. I have been googling everything and am so anxious to know what it could be. I was already off work for 1yeqr due to my replacement, I am 52 and I was in a car accident, hence the operation 
  • Posted

Sorry for the pain.  I agree with Jackie.  You need to have your hip checked.  Good luck !
  • Posted

Kidape, how did you get up? Did you put you leg out behind or try to get up with bent legs. At six months I still have to put my leg out straight to push up.
  • Posted

Hi sorry to hear about your pain when getting up. I developed pain in a muscle at the top of the Femur a couple of weeks ago and I had my THR over a year ago! My hip was definitely letting me know I had been overdoing things. Rather like you, I did wonder if I had done any serious damage but realised I would have been in agony if a dislocation had happened. The muscle hits a sciatic nerve so I will have to have some physio. I would think your new hip was telling you to slow down but I could be wrong.
  • Posted

Hi

I had surgery 4 months ago. First month was ok. Ten started getting pain in my upper thigh. I had the anterior approach. My surgical leg seems longer than my good side. The doctor says that both legs are exactly the same length. But am limping badly, am in pain and seeing a new orthopedic surgeon next week. Now the other side hurts because of the limping. I know I have a leg length discrepancy but my surgeon doesn't want to admit it and gets furious whenever I mention it. I am going for physical therapy which I believe to be a waste of time at this point. Will see what new doctor says but feel that I have a permanent problem now. Keep in touch

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.