Painful raised bumps on shaft

Posted , 2 users are following.

These bumps have been here for a few months now. Now it hurts when I press it. I have never had sex before, only masturbation. image

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I take it you are referring to the little bumps rather that the well-defined veins / blood vessels you have showing?

Okay, so we know if it is the bumps, they cannot be sex related in any way. Do you engage in rough-play or use a great deal of pressure at any time when you have masturbated?

Of course, it is quite common for little and even large bumps and lumps to exist just beneath the skin across the entire body. It certainly is not uncommon for bumps like this to be present on the underside of the penis. You do state your age - but what commonly happens (obviously, following puberty usually) is that hair follicles become blocked and can grow out of all proportion. The other thing you get happening is that a hair grows underneath the skin, rather than showing above the level of the skin.

What you need to do is perhaps pay a little more attention to your genital hygiene as the regular presence of sweat in the are can encourage this to occur - and certainly, fresh underwear every morning if you are not already doing that, and preferably, after you have taken a shower.

So, what I would do with the bumps if dab a tiny bit of liquid antiseptic (TCP if you are in the UK) on them 2 or 3 times a day, for 2 or 3 days and see how they react .....

• Posted

I kinda use abit of pressure when masturbating, but I have never had sex. I change underwear every time. Here is a clearer picture of the bump although it is not painful anymore. image

• Posted

Just wondering if you use any form of lube for masturbation such as skin cream or baby oil?

What you most likely have is completely normal such as septic spots (pimples), aggravated fordyce spots or hair follicles or even blocked skin pores. If you use oil based lubes regularly this can make spots such as these much more noticeable …

• Posted

Nah I don't use any lube. I wanted to but I saw that you must get 100% aloe vera, which I could not find in any store, so I would just use my precum.

• Posted

'Ordinary' aloe vera gel is used as an after sun treatment - if you are in the UK stores such as Savers and Superdrug sell these for less that £4 and they last ages. Coconut Oil used as a light coating may provide benefit too, the last one I bought was less than £5 - I also use on my feet and below the knee, still have used very little after 5 months - so this is great value.

If you are using pre cum as a lube you need to wash completely afterwards - what you may be getting is that things that are naturally present within the penile skin are becoming irritated and this is how you are getting the bumps you now see ......

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.