Painful Sex

Posted , 3 users are following.

Sex has always been painful and it seems to be due to a 'uvula' type growth at the entrance of my vagina as anything touching it causes similar pain. I can't find anything online about what this is, what could it be? 

I went to the doctors about it, who hardly even looked at the area despite my explanation, and instead diagnosed me with a skin condition which I have no symptoms of...

Does anyone have any idea?

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

  • Posted

    It may be a good idea to make an appointment with a specialist in that area, such as a ureologist and/or gynecologist. If they don't see the area you describe - Definitely speak up. Tell them that this has caused you pain for a long time and you would like them to see specifically what you are concerned about. Hope this helps some.

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Unfortunately the only way I can get to see a specialist is through this GP and when I did speak up about it she still didn't seem to be looking at the right area. 

    I've booked another appointment with her and I'll definitely try to be a bit more assertive this time. 

    Thanks for your help. 

    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      I'm glad you booked another appt with your GP. I had a similar experience with a GP and after the 3rd visit I asked if it would be possible to refer me to a specialist because I am in pain 24 / 7 - he did and the specialist found the remedy in the 1st visit.

      Meanwhile at your next visit -  it is very impostant to be direct and specific. If you need to - physically point to the exact area and give the pain factor between 1-10 - 10 being the most painful - tell her about the pain you experience during sex - hopefuly she will realize the urgency and find a solution.

      Don't give up.. Good Luck..


      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    My girlfriend and I recently had a child about 8 months ago and have enjoyed sex since then very regularly. Recently she has been complaing during intercourse of a slight pain on the left side of her vagina wall. She explains it as I'm rubbing her the wrong way or sandpaper only on that side. Were confused because she has been able to get aroused normally and without any problem, but once we "get in the groove" she experiences this sensation. Before this often during sex she would express her pain and ask to switch positions and wed continue from there. Its becoming very frustrating for both of us as its leaving us both unsatisfied at the end . please help 

    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up