Painful sex

Posted , 3 users are following.

What could be causing me to have painful sex it's only at entry, it started a few months ago and I find that in-between my periods my vagina will feel mildly sore almost how it feels the week before you start your period but I've never really had cramps or heavy periods and I've already been tested for STDs and I don't think it has to do with arousal it's never taken me long to get turned on but I find that even my own self clitoral orgasm aren't as intense as they use to and are harder to reach ( side note i previously had bv for 8 months)

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I have the same issue with painful penetration when I'm definitely turned on etc. It does go away straight after but I've never discovered why it happens and can't find much information online.

• Posted

vaginismus ?

Vaginismus is the body's automatic reaction to the fear of some or all types of vaginal penetration.

Whenever penetration is attempted, your vaginal muscles tighten up on their own.

You have no control over it.

Occasionally, you can get vaginismus even if you've previously enjoyed painless penetrative sex.

Vaginismus doesn't necessarily affect your ability to get aroused and enjoy other types of sexual contact.

i would suggest speaking to your doctor in any case.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.