Painful sex, lichen sclerosis ruled out

Posted , 2 users are following.

I hope I'm writing this in the right place.

I'm a 23 year old female with lichen sclerosis symptoms - I have scarring and very fragile skin in my vulva area that leads to cuts and painful spots during sex, even with lots of water-based lube. The skin of the inner part of my vula (like from above my clitoris all the way down to below my vaginal opening) is whitish. I had a biopsy done in January by a gynecologist that came up negatively for lichen sclerosis. It is also not a yeast problem, that has been ruled out as well. This is a very frustrating issue for my partner and myself (female as well), as I can only go short periods of time with even light or gentle stimulation. This applies to both clitoral and vaginal stimulation. The skin around my vagina and clitoris will literally tear and sting for days if stimulation goes on for very long, which leads to scarring which just makes the problem worse. My gynecologist described the scarring as fusion of the vaginal opening.

Does anyone have any insights regarding how to make manual sex enjoyable for reasonable periods of time or have experienced anything like this? I'm just about at my wit's end here.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Instead of using water based lubes, which dissipate quickly, try a silicone based lube, which creates a much more slippery surface and lasts longer. When I had vulvodynia I used a thick silicone lube (intended for anal intercourse which can cause damage) called astroglide diamond. Also, every day apply and gently massage in a natural oil to nourish the skin such as raw, organic cold pressed coconut oil or vitamin e oil. I use both - I apply the coconut externally and internal after every time I go to the toilet and vit e oil once a day (40iu, from an oral capsule broken open). Yes oil based lube is good too and they do this in an applicator for internal insertion and I put that in just before I go to bed every night. There are also oil pessaries, such as key E, which I used to insert every night but it was expensive because they don’t sell it in the U.K. and I had to get it shipped from the U.S. There is also a pessaries called Nueve but I haven’t ruled that myself. You need to nourish the cells of your vaginal wall to get them into better condition.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.