Painful, stiff Joints

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Ladies - can any help? I am 52 & going through the perim, I wake up in the morning and my neck, sholders, right wrist, fingers elbow joints really hurt, I need to stretch before I get out of bed, it slowly gets better during the day, some days are worse then others & I feel the need to lay down! anyone else suffer with this?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, there is a huge thread here... https://patient.info/forums/discuss/perimenopause-and-severe-joint-pain-any-one-else--36790?page=3

that talks about nothing else but what you are experiencing, some very helpul advice contained within.. many recommend Vitamin B6 and 12 - just bought myself some!

• Posted

Dear Susan - thank you, great information, I will go down to Holland & Barrett!
    • Posted

Just one thing check out natures best website for the strength of the vitamins -  natures best are a high strength and very reasonably priced - not sure if holland and Barrett sell full strength tablets..
  • Posted

Take Green Lipped Mussels every day - don't buy from H&B they are soooo expensive - get them from the internet.  Everyone I have recommended them to says they are amazing I would not be without them.  A golf friend of mine was in such agony he had to give up completely - 6 weeks later he was leaping like a lamb and has been ever since - 3 years now. If you are a vegatarian then take Devil's claw instead.
  • Posted

Barbara49965, sooo glad to know I'm not the only one. Yes, I get random aches and pains. Like one day my neck will feel really stiff and sore, next day my left knee will hurt then day after maybe my left arm. I will get tingling in my left hand but temporarily. I take ibuprofen more now than I ever did. Plus I have fibroids and get discomfort from them too. It some ways, I'm glad there is a light at the end of the tunner and I'm getting close to never having a period again but this is hard to go through. It's scary when you start having all these symptoms and have no idea why!
    • Posted

Hi Nancy, I have just started taking B6 150mg & magnesium 350mg. 

I also put linseed 1tbsp into my porridge each morning & take nutrition fx which has helped the hot flushes.

I will give all this a good month & let you know how I'm feeling!

Its all so unfair having to go through this & doctors really dont know how to help!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.