Painful stomach ache then goes away after 2 days

Posted , 4 users are following.

Doctors find nothing wrong but the pain is so bad. I do not know what to think.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Happens 3 or 4 times a year and I am kept suffering taking Tylenol as they find nothing wrong with me. Anyone know what I am going through?
  • Posted

Some things to consider, when do you notice the pain? Is it after you eat? Are you having any other symptoms? What type of pain, for example sharp, dull comes and goes and where you feel the pain? Then I would write questions down and try to get referred to a gastroenterologist. Have they done any testing?
    • Posted

Since 2008 this has been lasting 3 to 4 times a year. I end up calling 911 (ambulance) and hospital checks to see what is going on and they find nothing.  The pain is violent and puts me into moaning and twitching and into a swear.  The pain is all over the stomach and very sensitive to the touch.

Thank you for any help you may give me because while suffering there is nothing I can do for relief.

• Posted

That's still really vague. Have they done a cat scan, MRI, endoscope into the stomach, barium swallow, they could do what's called a hyda test to check to see if your gallbladder is emptying properly. When you have these plains what are you doing? Does the pain happen after you eat. Other than plain and sweats any other symptoms? How long does the pain last. You mentioned all over pain in the stomach does it feel like you have knots. Have you been constipated? Have you thought about maybe out id's a food? Have you seen a gastroenterologist? You really need to write down your symptoms, when they happen how you feel when it happens and do a good journal. Then I would try to get referred to a gastroenterologist.

• Posted

Pain happens suddently and then throwing up and going to the bathroom. Big sweats. Moaning... twitching... no relief.  Yes, cat scan, MRI, endoscope, barium swallow.  I just have no answers.
  • Posted

What tests have been done and has IBS been mentioned.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated. You can imagine that since 2008, the doctors have had many tests done on me. I was diagnosed with P.A.N. (Polyasteritis nodosa) a very rare illness but on Nov. 12th they said it was not PAN this time.  Would not give me morphine or anything to calm my suffering other than wait it out. So cruel but then the pain began to subside gradually and I was released.  Surprised that I was not given anything and surprised that it went away after 2 days.  I do not know what else to do. Yes MRI, gastroenterologist, neurologist, and so much more but they said that they find nothing.  Now I am here hoping to find some kind of idea.  It is not food related.
    • Posted

When all tests are negative, IBS can be disgnosed,  The pain can be constant or can come and go.  Do you have any bowel habit changes and relief of pain after a bowel movement?  Go back to your doctor and ask about IBS,  I had to go eight times to my GP and I saw several different ones before IBS was diagnosed.
  • Posted

Mention porphyria to your doc, if you could do a urine screen test for it.

Also try to collect and take your urine in an attack outside in a glass open (once back home from ER), under UVA for 48 hours. See if colour changes (that's your home screen test)

• Posted

Also for you please investigate a certain form of heriditary angioedema that has abdominal involvment only. (the other forms don't have abdominal severe pain). Symptoms very typically resolve over 2 days.

• Posted

HEA or aquired angioedema (AA) (that effects abdomen, not visually anywhere else)

is easily tested: C1 Esterase INH (enzyme in blood, cheap test).

It is also easily treated since this level is low in an attack, this enzyme is given iv.

So maybe you can very politely (as they don't like to be told what to do) if it was please possible to check the C1 INH during a pain attack, your symptoms would fit highly. Just for peace of mind, also exclusion is one step further to diagnose, too and as said: inexpensive, simple.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.