Painless diarrhea every day

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everybody,

sorry for this long message and gramatical mistakes ( I am Czech) but dont know what to do anymore...sad

I got my first panic attack 6 months ago while I was on holiday in Thailand, after not sleeping for three days and smoking some thai canabis sad On my return I thought there was something very wrong with me and I kept going to hospital and developed severe anxeity, I started to have diarrhea every day, spent a week in hospital, doctors run blood tests and everything was ok and they suggested taking antidepresant called triticco.

But a month later they found out I got clostridium difficile infection, which I probaly caught after being in hospital for week. Since then I had one relapse, I was cured by taking antibiotics, had no stomach problems for a 1month, In the mean time doctors did contrast Ct scan of my stomach, colonscopy, CT scan of my brain, tones of blood tests, testing my hormones ect. They found nothing serious and sent me to mental hopsital, where I was for 4 weeks I was fine no anxeity, no stomach issues.

But after being home for one week my anxeity kicked in again. I developed horrible diarrhea which I have till now (it's been 3 months now, every single day) on the top of it I was on period for 1,5 month too (I got prescribed birth control pill which helped me, had pap smear, C-125 for ovarian cancer, trans vaginal ultrasound-all clear), I got tested for the c diff bacterial -negative, I had tones of blood work, tests for Crohns, Celiac disease..ect, you name it I had it, I feel really sick of myslef and my family and friends too, I used to be fun girl, had loads of friends and great job. Now I am a different person I hate myslef so much. I cant stop thinking about my own sh*t sad Does anybody has something similar? Horrible butterflies in stomach, nightsweats. I pray everyday to be normal again. I am seing psychiatrist who prescribed me Prothiaden for constipation and sleeping but Its not working ;( Please advise xxx

0 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Stephanie, we will get over this, I was absolutely free of anxeity for two weeks three moths ago, while I was in mental hospital. There was plenty of people who were suffering from panic attacks, anxeity, depression and OCD. I stopped worring about my own problems and I was listening everyone else. It was so refreshing to talk to people who knew..

I am hoping I've done it once and I will do it again. I gave up my job and broke up with my boyfriend because I didnt want to ruin his life too. We must find ourselfs and maybe the anxeity is good and telling us we were doing something wrong and it will set us on the right path. I was a big drinker, workoholic, didnt sleep much and smoked weed everyday, my body was sick of this and said thats enough.

May just ask what do you do about the digestive problems? Have you tried any special diet? Having D everyday is scary, I have a health anxeity and it doesnt help, I googled a lot and found things about carcinoid syndrome, pancreas cancer, thyroid cancer, small intestine cancer seems to be my favourite one as this one is really hard to diagnose. It's a nightmare but I keep telling myslef I am really fit, haven't lost my apatite or lost weight so it can't be anything seriouse right? smile xxxx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Katerina,

I dont do much about these digestive problems, doctors say its anxiety so just gave me different type of anti acid reflux med, like lansoprazole, not really working, right now my throat is struggling to get my dinner down even though havent eaten in slmost 24hrs..

So skinny, hate my body right now!

Havent had diarrhoea yet today though.. But it happens end of the day usually..

Wow, mental hospital.. Is it the psychiatrist who sent you? And a week in hosp for diarrhea it must have been much worse than me then.. Though I keep drinking rehydration sachets so might alter the blood results for sure.. Without them I get tacchyccardia..

I tead that anxiety, stress and their symptoms are our bodies way to tell us we are doing/ thinking something wrong.. Well, it seems accurate for you and at least you stopped drinking and smoking? Thats good!

Shame for tge job, how do you survive?

Big shame and selfless of you about tge boyfriend! I wish...

As for me I have a pretty quiet and healthy life, only smokes a couple of cigarettes a day, only unhealthy habit is going to bed late.. Always have so caused problems at work.. Probably build ip over the years..

I think I am just unhappy with my life and people who tell me Zi can change it, annoys me so much..

I change jobs evety coupke of years, got a good one though not excited about it but just allowed me to get a one bed flat after 10 years of sharing..

I should be delighted but feel lonelier than ever..

Main issue is I have been dingle for too many years, in the past 2 years met 3 guys who all dumped me after 6/8 weeks.. Yes Im getting desperate in that matter but everyone needs someone, no one deserves to be alone.. Im over 40 so I also know I might never have kids.. All my opportunities seem to canish slowly but surely..

Well have you had colonoscopy and endoscopy or other procedure done?

You need to, to put your mind at rest! You cant go on wondering like that forever!!!!

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up