Painless red spots on glans and foreskin, Balanitis or?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone,

Little detail about me first, I had done a Herpes 2 igg test with a 3.1 result back in 6months ago. Doctor said have genital herpes. I told him I have never had any lesion or pain coming from my genital area, he said not every herpes 2 carrier will experience lesions in their whole life.

Anyways, I was showering 2 days ago and found these red patch/spots on my glans and foreskin. They are painless, I can urinate and masturbate normally. It's just the red color that concerns me.

Is this Balanitis? Or is it Herpes 2? Should I find a dermatologist to cheeck it out?

Thanks,

Stanley

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I also have the same issue. No luck almost 1 year old dealing with it.
  • Posted

Hi stanley i have the same problem i got a hsv1 and hsv2 positive. Blood test igg. With not index value just says positive my wife tested positive for hsv1 negative hsv2 im a pretty big gambler and im gonna take the westernblot just ro make sure as ive read on false positive quick question did u ever confirm your actually positive due to the fact your under 3.5?
  • Posted

Hello Stanley 

I am facing similar issues. I have not tested for herps. My urologist said that it is balanitis. Although after taking doxy and itraconazole capsules for 20 days now still no improvement.

Do you also get shinny glans after washing it??

pics attached.

• Posted

I have similar problem i tested positive for herpes but no value i will get re tested with a better test do to the fact that all the doctors believe i dont have herpes and. I been reading about false positives i feel as my problem looks more like balanitis so does your hope its that for u aswell becauae the red spot i have has caused me the worst anxiety
    • Posted

Do you also get the shiny waxy thing after you wash off the glans??

When you get tested again for herps?

Keep posted bro that would be a great help.

• Posted

Sometimes when i look i can see like its leaving but then sometimes it comes back more red also when i shower it looks more irritated yes sometimes shiny looking skin ive had this problem for 5 -6 months just redness no blisters no disxharge sometimes discomfort i was great till my doctor did the test on me without telling me she said o i did a hsv1 Nd 2 test on u everything came negative except for herpes she said ill be fine not to worry yea ok how am i not. Gonna worry even she thought it wasnt herpes i went to another doctor who doesnt wanna do the test on me cuz he said nothing i have leads him to b able to test me. I been going crazy no lie this changed my life forever
    • Posted

So i should say i got herps too sad. As my current medications are having no improvement on my issue.

I am applying onabet and taking doxy and itranazole caps for 20 days now. What is the cure for herps bro?

• Posted

hey similar rednesses that come and go on my willy every few days any word?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.