pains in chest

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I was actually having a better day with my Cardiophobia today but an hour after going on the treadmill I got a sharp flash of pain across the top of my chest. Had tbbhem a couple of weeks but they only last seconds. Scares me though because of my phobia. I had a normal ecg and blood tests a few months ago so wanted to know if anyone else gets this with anxietyas this pain is new? 😖

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Maybe you over done it a bit.

Exercise is good for anxiety but if you go hell for leather then it gets the adrenelaine going and axiety rears its ugly head.

If you have any heart problems then you problably best get checked

Stay Strongcheesygrin

• Posted

Thanks Lynne. I'm struggling 😵 haven't got any known heart problems Lynne but that's what cardiophobia is..a fear of it so any twinges or pains and I lose the plot! Seems to be spasms of pain then going. Only went on treadmill but struggle with my breathing cos of anxiety as well so wonder if it is muscular as maybe that would affect my muscles if I'm walking fast and out of breath?
    • Posted

Yeh I get it as well when it first happened I went to emergency twice thinking I was having a hear attack. Ive had loads of test done an Im fine so I know its the anxiety.

When an attack comes on I just keep myself busy or have a hot shower or go for a brisk walk anything to distract myelf.

Its a nasty illness Paula but your not alone

Take Carecheesygrin

• Posted

Thanks Lynne I really appreciate it. Started nlp yesterday to get rid but still need another couple sessions. She's also gonna do some hypnosis as well. It's an ingrained phobia caused by the ptsd I have from 27 years ago? Was it u I was messaging the other day? It's when I get different pains as well it escalates. I've had a normal ecg and loads of blood tests done for everything including heart inflammation etc but STILL not convinced. God it's a nightmare
    • Posted

I totally understand where you are coming from.

We all do what we have to get through it

stay strongcool

• Posted

Interesting with the hypnosis. Ptsd is a hard egg to deal with. Sounds like you found someone to help you that you trust which is beautiful. 
    • Posted

Yeh I remember chatting the other day

I went to yet another appointment to see the shrinks sidekicks and Ive still not had a meds review I dont know how much more of this I can take its awful!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Posted

Yes it certainly is!!! It's a living hell. She is an amazing woman who was trained by Paul McKenna and really knows her stuff so after trying lots of stuff over the yrs I feel like I'm coming to the end of the line with all of it and she's literally my last resort. Seen lots of shrinks, psychologists and have a cpn but getting fed up of being told how I should manage it. Easy for them! I could manage the anxiety better if not for the additional phobia!
    • Posted

I really hope it works for you paula you seem like a lovely lady who has been through the mill and deserves a break x
    • Posted

Aww thank u Lynne. I feel I have lost so much almost the last 30 yrs through anxiety but would be so grateful and feel like I had some serious time to make up ifI can just get some reprieve from it now. I'm nearly 50. I keep saying, please God I've done a long stint just please let it do one now lol. I'll keep u posted on it Lynne and thanks again for your support u'be really helped me tonight 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.