palpertations

Posted , 9 users are following.

does anyone get palpertations near and on their period

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yes all the time, I've got so used to it now I just accept it as one of these things 
  • Posted

Yes I get the palpitations the 3rd day on my menses. It is mainly when I have some kind of body movement. It is then follow up with shortness of breath this started after I turned 49 yrs old. It will last one week after the end of my menses. I don't get them when I am sitting or sleeping as some does.
  • Posted

YES Karen!  all the time.  It sucks.  Feel better
  • Posted

Hi Karen,

​Yes i get them.  Had them all my life off and on a couple of years noticed them a lot and worried me.  Iv always taken Magnesium for bad PMT and this has kind of made it less apparent. I am Peri and still get them from time to time.  I notice them less when i cut down on coffee and tea.  I am taking Magensium with added b vits and havent been aware of them so much lately.  Im 51 and in the midst of all this crap.

• Posted

i have just started getting them im 53 been in perimeno since 36 first time for these maybe im getting to end of all this so fed up my mum was 53-54 hope this ends same time as her 
  • Posted

yes very common in stage 1 of menopause, which is classed as peri menopause, its caused by increasing anxiety levels due to hormone imbalances, too much adrenaline in  the system, causing the palpatations.
  • Posted

Im in year 8 of perimenopause. No period for three months. I get them really bad. Also a tight chest. I feel like I have no energy. This is causing really bad anxiety atm. You would think I would be used to them by now but no.

Im currently weaning of my AD mirtazapine. Its been six weeks on half the dose and I feel like a bundle of nerves. This stage of life is just horrendous! !!!

Praying you get relief sooon x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.