Palpitation on Mirt

Posted , 5 users are following.

Please have anybody experience palpitation with Mirt? I have been on 30mg for 5 years now  which I do take at night to sleep. The last weeks I have been having palpitations and Mirt is not really helping me to sleep now. I don't know if the palpitation is related to Mirt.

Please Please I will really appreciate any experience or advice

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You can get plenty of advice and experiences by Googling "palpitation"  or pressing the Forums button on this page then selecting P and "palpitations".

I do get palpitations but I doubt mirt is causing them.   I do not get chest pain with them, so do not worry.   If you get chest pains see a doctor.

As far as sleep is concerned I suggest you reduce the dose of mirt as that is said to cause more sedation.  

• Posted

i have heart probs andmade my palpitations worse.made me more anxouis
  • Posted

Hi Charles,

I am sorry to hear you are having a rough time.

Palpitations can be very distressing as I too have experienced this.

I am now on Atenolol 50mg one a day and it seems to help.

It seems 30mg may have pooped out on you after taking it for 5 years.

Perhaps a beta-blocker may help with the palpitations.

It may be good to see your GP as perhaps there is another med.suitable for you.

Best wishes for better times ahead Charles and please let us know how you are.

Sunbird

• Posted

Hi Sunbird8

Thanks for your advice. Have seen my Gp, I did an Ecg and they see that I was very anxious and I did a Thyroid test still waiting for the result. She gave me Bromazepam to take for a week to help me sleep

• Posted

Good to know you have seen your GP Charles.

I always think weekends are the worst time if we feel ill or need a doctor!

I have thyroid disease too which I am managing with thyroid replacement.

I hope when you catch up on your sleep you will feel much better.

Anxiety is a horrible thing.

Please let us know how you are when you get your thyroid results.

• Posted

Sorry for your suffering Charles.  I agree with Sunbird below, Mirt' may well have pooped out after 5 years.  Agree also that the lower doses are more sedating and used for sleep aid, the higher doses for depression.  If you decide to wd do so very slowly whatever you do, as you probably know from this forum, to reduce any withdrawal symptoms.

Wishing you well 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.