palpitations

Posted , 5 users are following.

So been having a good few days, up until this evening. I was rushing about do this and that... When all of a sudden my heart fluttered and then started thumping really hard, I went into complete panic started burning up and my heart was racing, only lasted a couple of seconds until I told myself to get a grip. I can't describe the feeling but I always think I'm going to drop dead or have a heart attack. I've been to the doctors, everything is fine. But it always freaks me out. Palpitations are sending me into complete panic all the time. I feel like I'm going mad. sad Now I feel drained and tired, anyone else get this? X

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

If your doctor says that your heart is fine it can be just anxiety. Have you had any panic attacks in the past?
    • Posted

Yes I've suffered with them for years, but palpitations never use to bother me until now. I've had a pretty tough year or so, I've just never had them this aggressive before. They frighten me so much.
  • Posted

I get the same feeling I have been thinking I'm having a heart attack all week an have drove my self insane to the point I've got chest pains feel tired/sick and don't want to eat. I'm always concentrating on my heart thinking it's beating to fast. I think it's anxiety but I can accept that anxiety can make you feel like this.

Your not alone I know how you feel xx

• Posted

I hate it, really freaks me out. Do you have panic attacks too? X
    • Posted

I haven't had panic attacks but especially this week feel like I'm breathing heavy and just now I thought I couldn't breathe but managed to calm down. I know I hate it to sad x
    • Posted

Awe no, I get that too. sad Hope you feel better soon. X
  • Posted

Yes. I think just about everyone with anxiety gets this. It can be very frightening but will cause you NO HARM WHATSOEVER. It is your natural defense system kicking in and releasing adrenaline into your body. It will not do you any harm and you do not need to worry about it. You may feel you are 'going mad' or 'about to die' but these are very, very common thoughts when anxious and are shared by many thousands of people who also have acute anxiety. It is not an illness. There is nothing wrong with you. Nothing bad will happen to you. It is just scary and feels very uncomfortable but I repeat, Nothing bad will happen to you. You are perfectly safe and Ok. It is just adrenaline wooshing through your system which causes the heart to palpitate. The heart is an incredibly strong muscle and can run at very high speed for a very long time with no ill effects. It is designed to do so. No need to worry about it. You will be Ok, just tired. When it happens, remind yourself that it will do you no harm whatsoever, try to relax (flop your body), accept that it will be there for a while (until the adrenaline is used up) and get on with doing something else more interesting. I have had this thousands of times and so have many others

and we are all still around to tell the tale! best wishes and a hug xx

• Posted

Yes most days but I know it's anxiety so it doesn't frighten me  anymore so therefore it ipasses quickly I am not trying to make light f your feelings because I know how horrendous they can be
  • Posted

Thank you everyone. smile Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.