Palpitations

Posted , 8 users are following.

I am 48 years old. Last year I didn't have a period for six months then suddenly it started again. I am having frequent heart palpitations. Any one else have this problem?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I have the heart palpitations that make me crazy!!! Sometimes it just feels heavy in my upper stomach or diaphragm area. The anxiety is nuts!!

• Posted

Dear shirl

Running up to menopause I would get palpations around my period and into menopause I get the odd heart flutter, thankfully they are few and far between x

• Posted

i do get them so bad they go up into my throat and i need to cough , but always am reasure im ok ,, alcahol , caffene and stress ,, and menapause ,,all are a contributing factor ,, you could get checked by your doctor ,, ask for full blood count and if not already a cholstrol check ,, because of how you feel it maybe low iron or a vit d depletion but as far as im aware nothing to worry about, i hope this helps  xx
    • Posted

Hi Shirl

I'm having severe heart palpitations this week . Though it had let up tremendously. It returned really bad the week my period should have come on

You mentioned that low iron will cause it. I was taking iron pills because of low iron but had to stop because it upset my stomach too much. I'm thinking that could be my problem.

• Posted

it may be iron ,but its only my opinion , thats what happened to me and just a thought ,, we are all made up so differently ,i hope you get sorted xx
  • Posted

Yes it happens to me . I'm 52 and I've hectic periods and a lot of palpitations . Go to the cardiologist to check but it's probably nothing serious . Mine told me everything was fine.

• Posted

Hello Yes i started experiencing it 3 weeks ago sad its very very scary. I had read somewhere here about it so i tried to calm myself and attributed to menopause. I did see my doc last week and she checked my heart it she said i was fine. These are very scary! Sorry you had to experience it too. Last week was bad didnt get much sleep and its only when i lay down for bed that i feel them the most. sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.