Palpitations

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am currently suffering with palpitations and ache in jaw,I have been to drs who has decided to reduce my thyroxine has anyone else experienced this?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I regularly get 'dancing feet' and tooth grinding ( tooth and jaw ache ) if my levels go over and for a few minutes after taking the daily dose.  I find a need to balance my daily activity against thyroxine intake - too much activity and I'm exhausted the next day and too little leads to itchy skin, foot jigging, jaw grinding and all the 'old' thyroid symptoms.  All fairly minor but irritating. A sort of chemical tightrope but better than the alternative !

• Posted

Hi thanks for reply,I agree it depends greatly on your activity levels
    • Posted

Thanks, Ross. Good to know itchy (and dry) skin is due to low thyroxine (hypo).
  • Posted

Itchy skin happens when I go over thyroxine.  When under , its like being vacuum packed into a chair - no spare energy. 

​I wonder how many other people find that activity levels determine the amount of thyroxine needed.  I can operate at a steady pace all day but if I have to do just a few minutes of very strenuous activity my levels drop over the next 24 hours.   Likewise a day doing not much results in all the old hyper symptoms.  Short term control by altering the medication level has no effect but long term causes the opposite issue.  The change is fairly mild but sufficient to be annoying. 

• Posted

Ok, I mistook the "too little" in your previous post as "too little thyroxine" instead of what you meant "too little activity". So itchy skin comes from hyper as you experienced.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.