Palpitations back again

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am having those palpitations again they went away for a while but sine i have been working at Target i have been stressed out. I do the brand cleaning and only one person does it durring the day and one does it in the evenings.

Then i feel like my body is off and my medications are off because i work from 3 to 10 in the evening and its like my body is tired but my mind is still awake.

I need to work days but they don't see it that way. It threw my thyroid off balance and my A1C went up 

and now i have been having the palpitations again

Please any advice i love my job but the hour have to change 

sometimes i feel like quitting but i don't 

Elizabeth

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I recall going through a similar situation. Then one day at a store I was talking to a woman who said all her peri-menopause were calmed by taking St. John's Wort, of course, she took the last one, it flies off the shelves here. I found it at another store and sure enough my heart palpitations went away. So I recommend you try it. It worked really well and it works for anxiety as well.

• Posted

I am on other meds i take Zoloft, Trazedone, Lamotrigine, and Lorazepam at bedtime. In the morning i take Levothyroxine for hypothyroidism, two hour later i take 1 mg of Lorazepam, Losartan, Amlodipine, famotidine, vitamin D3 vitamin C because i also read that these can help with palpitations and blood pressure and the thyroid, then I take Metformin, at noon i take metformin and at dinner i take 1mg of Lorazepam, famotidine and a metformin 

I have been stressed out my thyroid has been low and i read that vitamin C can help with adreninal fatigue, stress and emotional because when you are stressed out it can lower the vitamin c in your body and your body can not make vitamin c 

Right now my palpitations have stopped but when i go back to work tomorrow i need ways to not get so stressed out about these palpitations 

Also i am in menopause too 

If these palpitations come back i may go to the E.R to see what else i can do about them because its hard to work when your have a fast heart rate and my heart rate was racing this morning after i took my levothyroxine and i was feeling the palpitations 

I just want to have a normal rythem with my heart rate 

I have not been out of the house since these palpitations began 

Elizabeth

• Posted

Elizabeth, I was going crazy last fall with palpitations. I didn't have the anxiety, but the skipped heartbeats, the pounding, etc. went on ALL day long all the way to bedtime. They were really bad. It's caused from the loss of progesterone. I knew I couldn't take it any more. The one thing that worked for me was USP approved progesterone cream. I use 20 mgs. nightly. I'll email you the brand since they don't want that listed here.

• Posted

I will see how it works maybe i do need the progesterone cream how do you use it may i ask

• Posted

I am in peri menopause so my last period was last October. I use the cream at night. 20 mgs. rubbed into the thin areas - neck, face, upper chest (not breasts), wrists, inner arms, tops of feet, bottoms of feet (not calloused areas), and behind my knees. I rotate the areas nightly. I do it for 25 days on and 7 off to give the receptors a break. I mark my calendar so I know.
    • Posted

Okay, so then find something called St. John's Wort, I took it for heart palps and anxiety, it cured both. It flies off the shelves here. It took a couple of days to work but I found that it really calms everything down. I bought it at a health food store but they may sell it at whole foods. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Yes i am, i also have hyertention, i started taking vitamin C and i also take 1000 IU of Vitamin d3 should i add Mgnesium in there too 

• Posted

Yes, it appears you should benefit from taking magnesium, just make sure it is not magnesium citrate. Also, overdosing will cause diaahrea.
  • Posted

Have you had your heart checked? I thought mine was palpitations also, turned out to be Afib. I am still trying to get it fixed. It's been going on for months. The heart rate is being controlled with meds, but nothing has helped with the rhythm.

• Posted

Yes i have had EKGs and a heart monitor on and also they looked at my heart on camera and said everything looked okay 

Today my heart rate went to a 103 then it went down to a 87 

I have been taking vitamin d3 and vitamin c because i have read that when you are stressed out, emotionally, mentally that the adrenal gland loses vitamin C and that can cause palpitations i just started the Vitamin C yesterday also i have low thyroid and that can hurt the adrenal gland when i am stressed out physically, emotionally and mentally 

What else can i take that will help with this 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.