palps then rapid heart beat

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi ladies just want to ask you all a question i am 53 as of today yeh! and i wonder is it normal to get hot flush then palps at night then rapid heart beat every few mins then in the morning calm down this has been going on now for few weeks never had it before hope this is a sign its all ending

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Happy Birthday Karen!!! 🎂🎈🎈🍷🍷

Hope you have a lovely day and can just try and live along side the horrible peri symptoms for a while

The symptoms you describe are typical peri symptoms I get them regularly throughout the day and even during the night, scary when it happens

Everytime I've had a bad day I promise myself the next time a weird symptom comes up I won't panic but I always do lol

Hopefully things will balance out for us soon Karen

All the best to you and do something nice today...enjoy

Brenda x

• Posted

Hi brenda, i will try to enjoy myself today thanks, im not to bad today as such just seems to come on in the evening the last few weeks oh i do hope im coming to the end of this i have been at it since i was 36 , i had bad anxiety a lot of the time and i do feel like everyt hing is settling down more i seem to have a bit better quality of life maybe i am coming to the end take care karen x
  • Posted

Happy Birthday!! Besides the symptoms I hope you are having a marvelous day. Hot flushes and palps, and rapid heartbeat are very common. I get the flutters and racing heart a lot especially around my cycle time. Hopefully you get relief soon.
  • Posted

Are you post now?

I had it more often and for longer post. It always started with an odd fluttering sensation first.

• Posted

Hi zigangie, well i have only missed 2 periods  but i have never had this before maybe im at the end of peri hope so x
  • Posted

Happy birthday Karen x. I've had terrible palpitations and a rapid heart beat. Everytime I try to tell myself to be calm but it freaks me out somedays. It generally is worse at night for me too. And a lot of the time, mine are almost timed in minutes as well. I've not flushed properly for a while but my face used to get hot and they do seem to be linked sometimes. I'm wondering if the Red Clover I take stops the flushing. Fingers crossed my banana intake and Starflower Oil will keep the palpitations at bay.

Sometimes I get this nervous jittery feeling that can be followed by some frightening flutterings too and my breathing seems affected somehow. I hope we can get some relief from this somehow. 

• Posted

Yes BugglyBot,

As if it kind of makes you catch your breath each time.

• Posted

Absolutely Zigangie. It can be very frightening. Knowing you're not on your own does help.
  • Posted

Happy birthday! I have had palpitations for last couple of years....I am 48 and would notice them whenever I was resting esp at night...never when I was active. My heart would feel fluttery and would skip a beat. I had an ecg which was fine. I was speaking to a naturopath and she said I may be low in magnesium and potassium. As I live in Qld Australia it gets very humid and I do sweat a lot especially now in peri. I started magnesium supps and if I sweated a lot at work I would drink a powdered staminade sports drink. I spoke to my chemist and he said if you sweat a lot and drink a lot of water you can deplete these minerals. He said it would take a fortnight to feel a difference. Well it took 10 days and it def helped. They went away completely. I still get palps when run down and fatigued and I havent taken magnesium....but maybe worth a try...it helps in peri for many things as well. I do know this is a side effect if peri and it can be from adrenal gland surges. Maybe best to get a check at docs to put your mind at rest as well. Good luck smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.