Pancreatic Pain location

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

Is there any specific location of pancreatic pain?

I have pain that is predominantly in my lower right and mid right abdomen, but also in my right side, upper left abdomen, all across my back around the height of my shoulder blades. The pain is not always there, though it has become more frequent and intense over time. It also seems to be better at night or when lying down (which I know is the opposite to what is written on the symptoms of PC)

Just wanted to know if anyone has experience or knowledge of this?

Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Everyone is different when it comes to Pancreatic pain, you seem to be experiencing pain from your Pancreas, have you had labs i.e. Amalayse and Lypase. These two are usually elevated during an attack, but not always. Have you had a Ultrasound or Ct scan ? My pain is upper right quad and pain goes straight threw my chest and in between my shoulder blades. I just got out of the hospital a few days ago, i had the Puestow Procedure last July and due to complications i have to have the head of the Pancreas removed which will make me diabetic right away. Hope you find some answers.

• Posted

I have had a lot of tests, bloods, amalyse, lipase, ultrasound, numerous ct's, all clear.

This has been going on for nearly 6 months.

I have other symptoms too, floating stools, fatigue, nausea and bitter taste in my mouth (which could be caused by indigestion)

• Posted

Hi Jaime. My pain for 15 years, which started during my pregnancy, has always been in my upper part of my stomach. I think it's called the solar plexis? My pain never radiates to my back, though I have been told it commonly can radiate. After having my baby (now 14 and a smart beautiful girl) they found out I had a pancreatic divisum. I had the big Whipple surgery in 2016 and have a lot less pain. Have you been formally diagnosed? You should see a gastroenterologist. Best of wishes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.