Panic

Posted , 10 users are following.

Is this a fake website?   Seem to be having the same disussions......?????? Shame on you making money from the people crying for help. You have already been reported!!!!!

1 like, 16 replies

Report / Delete

16 Replies

• Posted

I think the problem is individuals starting new threads rather than posting on just one. It would be do much easier to keep a track on if people stayed in their own posts with their symptoms rather than starting new ones each time. sad
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I'm not sure how they are making money since it is free. I personally appreciate this website IMMENSELY!
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I feel that Craftylady has identified why things may appear this way to you. I know that I have replied to different posts by the same persons.

Perhaps someone that has posted one day had a particular problem like losing their job. Some days later they may be experiencing a medical issue, so they start a new discussion.

Use of this website is free to users. If you want to know how it is financed, look on the right. Advertising.

I'm not sure who you have reported, or indeed, who you have reported to. However, despite respecting your viewpoint and freedom to express it, do you think on reflection that the Mental Health forum is the right place to express any indignance even though it may be righteous in nature?

See if you can find a forum on this website that doesn't deal with Mental Health issues, and vent your opinion there. Some vulnerable people in this particular forum suffer terribly, and the suggestion that anything is fake may prey on the minds of some.

I send you best wishes and whatever you hope to achieve from reporting the site (if that in fact is what you have done), I hope you are either successful, or if not, educated by it.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Check patient.info out on Wikipedeia and you'll see like I did, that this is a highly respected and much loved website with valuable and medically approved information, it has helped me enourmously.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi M

Thanks for your post, and yes, you have found some friends, many friends here, people who have been though what you have done and they will care and support you.  When I was first told about this website I was sceptical too but it helped me get off co-codamol to which I was addiceted.  The advice is genarlly sound and we all stick togethre

Good luck and keep posting

Lizzie

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

This is indeed a great site and there are very hurting and caring people on here. I have learned much about my condition these past days since I joined and know , what I have ( Anxiety) will not kill me and I am not going batty. There is a person on here ,Archemedes , who seem to have a lot of knoweledge on a number of subjects and is very helpful , thank you sir or madam ,for that.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

This is not a 'fake' website, it's purpose is as a support mechanism for people with health problems, many of them desperate, to be able to compare notes with other suffers.

All websites cost money to run, so how then if it is free to become a member of this forum with all of it's added facilities do you expect it to be financed?

The answer is through advertsing.

If you don't like the advertising then nobody is forcing you to pay the slightest bit of attention to it or to buy anything that is advertised.

I think the benefits of this website far outweigh the disadvantages, but as you don't agree with that, then you have absolutely no need to  be a part of it.

The reason why a partcular thread might extend to another thread is because any one thread can become too lengthy requiring another by the same person with similar content to be started.

Sometimes a particular patient might not be able to glean the specific support from one particular thread that they have started, so they will start another to try to get somewhere with their problem.

In many cases a particular patient may be enduring such a difficult time in their lives that they are in constant need of support, as this website is their only lifeline. In such cases I would consider it perfectly normal for that person to post and repost threads with similar content until such time as they feel they can cope on their own.

The fact that you feel it necessary to say that you have reported this website because you and only you has a problem with it, leads me to believe that you are suffering from a serious mental health issue yourself, and may need not only professional medical help, but also the amazing and effective support mechanism that this website offers.

My advice to you would be not to knock it as some day you may be in need of it,

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

This is a free website for people that have mental Health problems and want to talk about the problems and for people that are on there own and have no one else shame on you for not reading about the website
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I'm not sure why anyone would think this is a "fake" website but for info there is an FAQ section linked at the bottom of every page in the forums. There are also "About us" etc links in the footer along with links to the Information Standard, the HON code and others if anyone needs to check our credentials or any other information. 
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It's like this, there are parnoid people everywhere who maybe due to difficulties in their past or present life find it hard to believe or accept anything or anyone at face value.

My attitude is, 'like it or lump' it,  the outstanding success of this website as a support mechanism speaks for itself.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up