Panic

Posted , 3 users are following.

Someone to talk me through - panic happening .

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lou

Take deep breaths and control your breathing.  You have probably had this before so you will know that it is a passing thing and is not really serious.  Take your mind off to another place and change your mind, or I have been told that humming does this.  Good luck sorry is my reply is no good

Joyce x

• Posted

Thank you Joyce, calmer now, don't know why that happened - I was fine upstairs doing the ironing in a world of my own and suddenly felt awful, totally wobbly heart racing, jelly legs head spinning, sick, totally tingling limbs and had to get on the floor on all fours - the most horrible horrible feeling, it's almost gone now and I feel much better thank you. Yes had them before and I think I've been overdoing things lately and pushing myself too hard. Thank you for being there xx
  • Posted

Hello Lou, when I used to get panic attacks my GP recommended that I use a brown paper bag to practic my breathing and count to three each time you breathe in and out. After a while you should find your panic attack subsiding. If you haven't spoken to your GP about your panic attacks it may be a good idea to do so as you may have a particular thing that triggers an attack off. You could also try taking either Kalms or using Rescue Remedy, both of which can be purchased from your local pharmacy.
    • Posted

thank you Gwen, it's over now - I feel better, not sure what triggered it this time, it's usually when I'm very stressed or have too much to deal with but I thought I was ok although I admit I have been pushing myself lately - it's the most awful feeling of doom and gloom at the time and leaves you pretty exhausted. Can't go to GP as have health anxiety, try to ignore it but sometimes it really gets to me. . . . I will try the Kalms and thank you also for being there, I'm ok now, xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.