Panic

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello guys, i had my first panic attack about a month ago, i was at a cafe and i got dizzy and on my way home my heart started beating fastand i had short breath, it was awful then after 2 days it started happening again and ever since it's been happening on daily basis , i went to a doctorand the emergency room, both said it was only panic, it mostly happens when i leave the house and im in constant fear, my college semester started 2 days ago and walking on campus has given me panic attacks. What should i do?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

You went to the doctor and and an emergency room and they didn't give you anything? Or do you mean a doctor that was at the emergency room. I know typically ERs don't typically like to give anti anxiety lightly. See your general practitioner and discuss everything with them and seek out a therapist. To be in panic is not a good place to be but it gets better with time and help.

Take Care

B

• Posted

No, i saw a practioner and then went to the er , in the er i got oxygen and other stuff, and they told me to calm down since it's a panic attack.

• Posted

I would go back to your GP and further discuss what is going on. If you were compelled to go to the ER clearly there is something going on.

• Posted

No, i mean i went to my GP and he said nothing was wrong and he gave me magnesium supplements saying it was panic and a day later i had a panic attack so i went to the ER and they said the same thing and told me that magnesium was good.

I also know that what's happening with me is because of anxiety and i want to try to get over it.

• Posted

I'm not a physician so I can't say how or why if you are diagnosed with anxiety you would only receive magnesium. No referral to a therapist or an anti anxiety med. I am sorry this is happening but I would go back. If you are having panic attacks that are clearly effecting your daily living impeding your functioning system merging might be better than magnesium

• Posted

Oh sorry that i'm not explaining it clearly, but after i got the magnesium (magnesium is good for anxiety) , and i got another herb pill that helps , my GP told me if i keep feeling this way, i should see a therapist. Sorry for not mentioning that.

• Posted

Hi Ali sorry to hear that I know how you feel I was the same way in the past I had bad panic attack I was so scare to live the house. So please don't stay home you going to make your panic more strong and harder to deal with go out every day and walk around your block

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.