Panic about endoscopy

Posted , 5 users are following.

Sorry I just posted here,but i had to do another one,im going to do endoscopy tomorrow,im so panic i cant sleep,its like im getting panic attack one by one,im terrified if i have a stomach cancer and im panic about risks of endoscopy if some one had cancer and if i use dat instrument of endoscopy i will have cancer too oh omg n list is going i know they r realy stupid thought but still they r on mind im 24 years old how was ur experience?i would like to listen it

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I had one not too long ago. Before it, I was scared to death, then I realized it is only about 10-15 minutes! That's nothing!!! You will be fine and have the peace of mind that you are ok. Please try to sleep now!
  • Posted

Hi!

My mom is a gastroenterologist and I myself have had an endoscopy so I know a thing or two about the procedure! It's normal to feel nervous before an invasive procedure. I am sure you will be healthy!

• Posted

Of course! And by the way my mom does this on a bunch of people everyday and I was still scared before hand, but when you wake up you think "I was scared of that?" Haha, trust me it will be ok smile
    • Posted

Im worry if i couldnt do it till end i heard it makes u vomit,didnt have u those vomit feelingz?
  • Posted

I have had many endoscopy they dont hurt and are quick. Nothing to loose sleep over at all. When its done you will feel fine. They have you sedated anyway so theres no gag reflex so no vomiting happens..nothing happens but you can hear them talking sometimes. Its very fast
    • Posted

I did dat finally! But now right side of my throat hurts and when i am eating it hurts,is dat normal?now im thinking if it be sth dangerous its making me panic did you were like this after dat?
    • Posted

Don't panic, that happens occasionally after a endoscopy. Your throat should start feeling normal soon!
  • Posted

It is normal for your throat to be a little sore. Please don't worry about that.
    • Posted

I did dat yesterday but still wondering why its hurting,lol having health anxiety make me ask stupid quedtions,thanks for ensuring.
    • Posted

That scope they put down there irritates your throat. They also always do a biopsy, which of course makes it hurt in there. 2-3 days and the sore throat should go away.
    • Posted

HI I HAVE BARRATTS OESOPHAGUS WHICH REQUIRES ENDOSCOPIES EVERY 2 YEARS.  YOU CAN BE GIVEN A SEDATIVE WHICH WILL RELAX YOU, ALTHOUGH YOU WILL BE AWAKE. PLEASE DON'T BE CONCERNED BUT TALK TO YOUR ENDOSCOPIST TO EXPLAIN HOW YOU FEEL. i'VE ONLY EVER HAD A SORE THROAT FOR A FEW HOURS. GOOD LUCK.  ELAINE XX
    • Posted

Yea i did dat throat hurts,i was thinking maybe they did some thing wrong during endiscopy and other negative thoughts,thanks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.