Panic about endoscopy

Posted , 5 users are following.

Sorry I just posted here,but i had to do another one,im going to do endoscopy tomorrow,im so panic i cant sleep,its like im getting panic attack one by one,im terrified if i have a stomach cancer and im panic about risks of endoscopy if some one had cancer and if i use dat instrument of endoscopy i will have cancer too oh omg n list is going i know they r realy stupid thought but still they r on mind im 24 years old how was ur experience?i would like to listen it

0 likes, 18 replies

Report / Delete

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I had one not too long ago. Before it, I was scared to death, then I realized it is only about 10-15 minutes! That's nothing!!! You will be fine and have the peace of mind that you are ok. Please try to sleep now!
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi!

My mom is a gastroenterologist and I myself have had an endoscopy so I know a thing or two about the procedure! It's normal to feel nervous before an invasive procedure. I am sure you will be healthy!

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I have had many endoscopy they dont hurt and are quick. Nothing to loose sleep over at all. When its done you will feel fine. They have you sedated anyway so theres no gag reflex so no vomiting happens..nothing happens but you can hear them talking sometimes. Its very fast
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

It is normal for your throat to be a little sore. Please don't worry about that.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up