Panic attack?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am a little confused by what a true panic attack feels like, today I was sitting at work and got a sensation of loosing control of my body or maybe a wave of lose of sensations. Is this a panic attack it lasted about 5 to 10 minutes.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

usually my panic attacks consist of... Feeling the urge to either cry or kill someone lol,heart racing,,mind going so fast i think im going to die.... And i get really dizzy and it usually causes a major migrane 
  • Posted

I think it varies from person to person but an intense sensation of extreme fear is pretty common. With mine I always feel detached and dissociated as though I'm losing a grip on reality. Fortunately I can now stop them developing by concentrating on the sensations of things in the near vicinity. Touch, feel, smell, movement. 
  • Posted

It probably does vary from person to person mine are more like loosing control of my body and a wave of fear. I just wasn't sure if I was really having a panic attack or something else.
  • Posted

My panic attacks are like this. I start feeling like I'm detached from myself and feel dazed. Then my heart races and I get a major hot flash so bad my feet start burning. I feel like I'm loosing control of everything. Last a few mins and goes away
  • Posted

For sure everyone is different mine are like dizzy, heart pulpertations, sweats and shakes then extreme agitation but I think panic to each and everyone of us is different as our fears might not be the same, one thing for sure is though that we all think this is the end as it definitely feels like it x
  • Posted

Yup all ate different for sure. Mine starts with a feeling of my muscles pulling in my arm and neck,tight chest,racing heart,nausea,light headedness and pins and needles. Some have it to the extreme others have it mild. For each one though it is very scary and you feel like you have no control.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.