panic attack

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi all ive been free from a bad panic atack with 6 weeks until last nite i was driving to airport to collect my brother and i felt a liitle lightheaded nothing major den on way home with my brother asleep beside me in the car i started to feel really weird like my head was goin to explode hard to explain it was like my brain was twisting inside my head i had to shake my head coz i taught i was goin to pass i pulled the car over i legs were like jelly my mouth was so dry and had butterflies after bout a half hour it started to calm down enought to get home wher i took a valium to help me sleep but this morning i feel so exhausted and still a bit lightheaded was this a panic attack i had cos all the other attacks ive had before were the ones that my heart was racing and chest pains any advice would be welcome

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Indeed it does sound like a typical panic attack. The lightheadedness and dry mouth trouble me most, I generally don't have racing heart for some reason
  • Posted

Landy oh Landy,

Did you breath at all while you were typing your posts?  I couldn't hear you and by the looks of your typing, you must not have taken one breath.

What's up with you and the panic attacks.  What do you believe is causing you to be this way?  What happened in your past that made you so fearful?  And, why in the world after going six weeks without having panic attacks, would you go into one just because you were picking up your brother from the airport?

Fear is a controlling and dominating factor in one's life.  Putting activities and events together, I would say you have some fear of your sibling, whether it is conscious or subconscious.

My advice to you, as that is what you asked for, is to see a professional therapist to seek the root why you had an anxiety (panic attack) attack, going to pick your brother up from the air port -- collect him as you say.  If you cannot get to the bottom of this little thing, you will be having other attacks I am sure, when you are "collecting" your brother.

Good luck and wish you well.  Warmest regards. 

• Posted

By the way, Landy.  "Butterflies" to me is a sign of jitters, which makes me believe the questions I asked you, are right on.  Just caught the term you used, after I posted initially to you.
  • Posted

ray i appreciate your post but me and my brother are the best of friends and i collect him from airport every two weeks as he works away so it has got nothing to do with him. panic attacks come on any time as u know if u suffer from them my post was to ask people have they had these symptoms as other attacks i have had were the racing heart this one was new to me and it frightened the s**t out of me
    • Posted

Thanks for responding, Landy.  As stated, I know what panic attacks are, and yes, they can come on at any time as stated.  At times, however, I am sure that people can go into panic attacks when they are subconsciously made aware of entering any like or similar situations they have faced before and do not remember consciously, even as children, and are frightened out of their minds. Even remembering bad experiences and associations with people, places and things can do the same thing.

I only hope your attacks will stop so you can live a normal, healthy life, as well as all peoples that have the same thing occurring to them.

Best and warmest wishes.

• Posted

Landy,

The human mind is such a complex mechanism, that it can remember things consciously or subconsciously for one's whole life.  When one has panic, there has to be a reason why they go into panic attacks.  Figuring out the cause can and does alleviate future panic attacks, when the reasons are known.  When identified, people can and do work through what occurred way back when.

Panic comes from fearing something or someone, most times over a long period of time.  As a child we sometimes consciously block out those memories of being fearful, to be filed away until a much later date, and then panic controls the body.

My reasoning was for people to start thinking about what is causing their panic, getting to the root of the problem (for her as well as others) to help them stop the panic attacks from happening at all in the future.   When one is in panic mode, I doubt very seriously if they are even aware what is causing their panic attacks.

• Posted

Hello Landy,

I would love to expound on what I was saying to you regarding anxiety and panic attacks.  However, I would rather do it trough private messaging, as there can be several different causes for anyone having this illness.  If you're oblidged to see further, please contact me here on this forum by private message.  Thanks!  Certainly it is up to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.