panic attack

Posted , 5 users are following.

why would i start having panic attacks and numbness when am relaxed 

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Anxiety often hits when there's no need for it to be there,thats the nature of it unfortunately
    • Posted

will it be this wat for ever only started in march and having 2 or 3 aday .Now on tablets but still haveing aleast one aday 
    • Posted

Feel so drained am i sussposed to feel this way 

• Posted

What your feeling is completely normal, its not nice but you'll be okay. Nothing bad is going too happen. This time last year I was having panic attacks everyday, but I don't so much anymore. I could be having a great and day and all of a sudden it will sneak up on me. You'll be alright. Take care. X
    • Posted

Thank you do you get nunbness in face even if your not having a  attack
    • Posted

are you on tablets .
    • Posted

Yep, that was the one symptom that would frighten me the most. It will pass, the more you panic the worse you will feel, I found distracting myself with music or stepping outside for some air helped. Its hard and did get the best of me sometimes. Do you get any other symptoms? Xx
    • Posted

yes  a dry throut  and finding hard to breath 

• Posted

No I came off tablets, I found they were making me feel worse, you have to do most of the work yourself, but they were not agreeing with me at all. Everyone is different. But since coming off them even though I still have the odd attack and have anxiety, I've been much more better without them. Xxx
    • Posted

Thanks but think i stay on the tablets for a while as they seem to help me gone from 3 attacks aday to one maybe every few days .but the face numbness always there ,
  • Posted

Ah, good they seem to be working thensmile The numbness will pass, probably because your anxious. If your finding it hard to breathe try meditation, deep relaxation/breathing techniques. You can download apps onto yourphone, to help with anxiety and panic attacks.I use mine every now and. then, it's really good. smile xxx
    • Posted

Thanks will look tomorrow  was ging to go and try get a nerve scan but looks like its part of the problem  will let you know how the tablets are going and if am getting better or worse glad I have thud forum  to talk  good night 
  • Posted

It's ok, anytimesmile. And good luck, take care. X
  • Posted

Hello

You have already received some excellent feedback and experienced advice. I have nothing new to add to what you have already been told, but sometimes the more people that have experienced it and tell you it will pass, the more it helps.

So let me lend my voice in support of the advice you have been given, tell you that like many people here I have had exactly the same symptoms or symptoms very similar to the ones you describe, and yes, it can be scary. But there is absolutely no harm being caused to you at all. These 'feelings' cannot do you mdamage, and as you gradually come to terms with that, you will feel less frightened of them, and that really is the best cure because they feed of your fear and you get caught in a vicious spiral.

I hate telling people this when I remember how horrible and scared I felt when I was going through the same thing, because it sometimes sounds as though I am making light of your symptoms. But I'm not and don't underestimate the distress they cause you.

Trust in the advice you have received and don't let these thoughts grow by analysing or dwelling on them.

I wish you well and send you positive thoughts and good wishes. :-)

• Posted

Thank you so much .hope you have passed the stage of having this problems .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.