Panic attack

Posted , 3 users are following.

Please help! Does anyone get really panicky and anxious some days and don't know why? Like feeling not able to breathe properly and deeply, not feeling able to keep still and feeling shaky, anxious and very on edge... Help. Solutions please πŸ˜‰

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

this happens to me regularly I normally play a game in iPad or read a book and that takes the edge off how I am feeling also watching a comedy helps, depends on whether p you like things like that x
    • Posted

As to why it happens I am not sure for me its if I have had a bad sleep or had too much alcohol the night before sorry if I am not being helpful x
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply, much appreciated. Thanks for sharing your experiences, it is helpful to read how other people cope and know that you're not alone. Thanks. Take care. Xx
  • Posted

You haVE to control your breathing and do something to take your mind of the attack exercise and meditation are goodcool
    • Posted

Yes, deep breathing is a huge help... I start taking slow breaths and focus on something else.
    • Posted

A trick I use sometimes is to put a VERY LITTLE BIT of water in my mouth, sit up straight in a chair, and force myself to breathe through my nose. It really helps me sometimes to calm down and control my breathing.
  • Posted

I do sometimes, but i dont think there's a cure. you just learn to deal with it.

Do you have a therapist or a cousnellor or someone who is trained to help?

• Posted

Thank you for your tips. Hadn't heard about the water one before, I'll try it. πŸ˜‰ x
    • Posted

Perfect!

So it's been almost a month since the thread started.Β 

Have you been feeling better?

• Posted

Yeh wow its been a while since the thread started. Not had a lot of panic attacks recently, but just feel in a constant state of anxiety. It's ruining my life! Xx
  • Posted

you are having a panic attack. nothing to worry about it will goΒ  again. Try breathing slowly or into a paper bag.Β  when yu come out of it do relaxation exercises.

rich

• Posted

Check your messages. Β learn to breathe using your belly. Bellybio app can teach you. When having an anxiety grab a straw using belly breathing breathe thru the straw. That will ensure you slow it down. They teach young kids that but it is very jseful for all. If you are in public or car ice chips. Place the ice chips under your to gue it halts the anxiety attack and do breathing. Your body cant process two major sensations at the same time so it eill deter the adrenaline rush for a bit. Never ever feed into the attack, you have to let it run its course abt ten minutes. Its unpleasant but once you feed into fear ot recycles and get worse each cycle. Anxiety attacks kind of have to be accepted and surrendered too so they become self limiting. Easy said then done but thats the goal. Magnesium glycinate is helpful it does calm you a notch and helps sleep. L theanine is very helpful for night time if you are not on any medications. The more you learn about this the better off you will be, no cure but can be managed. Sometims it takes iver happens to us all but know you are not alone at all. 26% of the world has anxiety issues and 18% has anxiety disorders. They are trying to figure it out but it encompasses so many things in the brain its hard. Many medical companies oulled out of making new meds because they only work in half the people and not for long time frames. Theres theories it starts in the gut and a new med is in its last trial using pre and pro biotics but thats all i know. You will be okay. This forum is great for comfort . Cbt is extremly effective and so are meditations and mindfullness. Anxiety disorders were originally down as emotional disorder, not the way it is classified now which made more sense and explains why meds only work half the time. Its a fight or flight dysfunction. Your senses get overload too fast and shoot off adrenaline. Not exactly in your control.
    • Posted

Thank you very much for your reply. I will look into your suggestions, thanks. πŸ˜‰ Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.