panic attack

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi so last weekend I was outwith friends we had had a nice dinner and we're sitting talking when suddenly my heart started racing I wasn't panicked or anything and didn't really have any other symptoms bit short of breath n chest was bit tight my heart rate was 120 this last for about an hour and was nearly 2 hrs before my heart rate slowed to normal. Does this happen to you guys. I did go and get checked out and all okay x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If you were ok and not scared maybe it was somethings you ate and if not maybe it was light panic attack but if you think a lot about this and Google symptoms you will make it worse you are 100% ok.
  • Posted

Hate when that happens. That has happened to me on walks in the past. Sometimes i catch it and manage it and sometimes it takes some time. 
  • Posted

This happens to me every day except mine turns into a panic attack
  • Posted

Used to happen to me when i was younger,wouldnt even feel that anxious but then my heart would start raceing just like you said. I think our subconscious probably has something to do with it when we get it and dont even realize we are anxious about something. Dont know if you drink alcohol but that also can make the heart race,its actually labeled happy heart syndrome.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.