Panic attack again... Worse than ever! Does anybody relate

Posted , 5 users are following.

i feel like this is neverending.... im trying to deal with this but its hard... i saw my cardiologist for stress test and she said echo was normal both times but i also didnt push myself.. i was on treadmill for 6 minutes and she said i shouldve pushed myself more to stress my heart more but from what she did see was normal.... i feel like its not normal tho.. i go back on the 28th for holter results .. tonight i woke up out of breath i thiught i was gonna pass out i coukdnt breath... then the panic attack happened ... i panicked and walked outside.... my chest hurts... is it normal for chest soreness after attack? &had anybody felt like some panic attacks are stronger than others... tonights felt so strong and soreness i really thouggt i was going to faint... i dont know why lately these attacks are waking me up.... im so tired i took a hot bath and im ready for bed but im scared... does anybody else feel this way... i feel like im always on this site cause it helps knowing im not alone...

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

You are definitely not alone...I think that is what makes these discussions such a great tool. I too suffer from panic attacks and anxiety (or so they say lol). It has been over 20 years for me now and I am still struggling to get things under real control and not to feel like I am having a heart attack all day everyday. I have had good days and bad days and very very bad days. I have had EVERY cardiac test imaginable, even a heart catheterization back in 2012, and they always tell me things are fine. It does help me feel better but usually only for a short time especially if I am having symptoms. I was told that waking up like you described is called a nocturnal panic attack by one of my therapists along the way and that there really is such a thing, that panic attacks don't need triggers or for you to be awake for that matter that it all has to do with the body not sending the right signals at the right times so what if you happen to be trying to get some beauty sleep lol. As I type this I am struggling myself with whether or not this weekend I will end up in the ER once again due to chest pains, tightness, and palpitations but I just started a new med and my doctor has advised me to stop it and has called in something new (uggg) so I am hoping I will start to feel somewhat less drop deady soon. As you can see I try to use comedy to deflect and distract a lot of the time so please don't take my bad jokes the wrong way. I will tell you that you must find the right balance of things that work for you, whether it is meds or a combo of meds or meds and therapy and yoga or whatever. I have been off and on and off and on most every med there is and unfortunately due to loss of insurance and lack of $$$ I have been without anything for the last 3 years (NIGHTMARE!!!) and am trying to get back to feeling "normal"(er) for a minute but I go to a clinic that will not prescribe anything controlled so I have to try and find another combo of meds that works for me (the first being clonazepam, escitalopram, and amitriptyline). I didn't go to the ER for almost 2 years straight when I was taking my last combo. I tell you all this to tell you that you need to hang in there...if there is something wrong you are in the right hands, and if it is just anxiety you will be able to start treating it accordingly. My advice is try everything you can...literally!!! Adult coloring books, meditation, bubble baths, therapy, yoga, massage, medications...all of it!!! You never know what that combo is going to be for you but all the things that aren't going to hurt even if they don't help are out there. Good luck and God bless!!!

• Posted

thank you so much i really appreciate the advice! i had a bad attack last night and took a hot bath and fet more relaxed... i was scared to go to sleep BUT I couldnt stay awake any longer and passed out again.... hot baths help me to relax and walking but thanks again

• Posted

you're not alone in this situation i have them all the time

• Posted

thank you.... its the scariest feeling and youd think after so many ive had tht id be used to it but im not ... get so scared every single time

• Posted

hi there... i am going through the exact same thing. all the tests in the world, have all been normal but I struggle everyday with chest pain, shortness of breath... feeling like Im gonna pass out, palpitations... i am getting better but for a couple of years I literally visited the ER on a weekly basis. Now its about once every couple months. I just try and take it minute by minute...

• Posted

I have had multiple stress tests , calcium score including 1 month holter monitor. Now they started calling it as a panic or anxiety and asked me not to worry. I do feel chest pressure , palpitations and last night it was in sleep when I was awaken with sweating and racing heart ( 110 BPM ) for almost 5-10 minutes.

I know I had kind of trauma situation when all these things started when I had severe gas , bloating and that day I did search on google for symptoms.. It told me symptom of Heart Issues and my mind was thinking same . Later on same day evening I just checked my blood pressure and it was 160/90 first reading and second reading after 2 mins was 135/85 . I came out of the store and my mind was still thinking about 160 blood pressure count and within 15 minutes I had my first panic attack ( thats what they call ) of my life. Within 4 minutes EMS was there and they did ECG but it came normal. I was in ER had troponin test , blood work and EKG but all came back normal.

My life got totally changed after this incidence and I feel I started thinking about it too much. Couple of weeks later I was diagnosed with H Pylori and I guess it was culprit for Bloating but above mentioned trauma condition never went out of my sub conscious mind and I feel it has ruined my life , career and all.

Doctor has prescribed citalopram but I am strictly not taking it because i know If I cant control my sub conscious mind nothing is going to help to heal these situations.

Here on this group we are all going through same situations helping each other by discussing symptoms , findings etc. I havent overcome my anxiety but I am fighting with it .. I would suggest you also do the same and train your mind but before that make sure all cardiological reasons are evaluated by your doctor.

God Bless you all !

• Posted

i know its just hard living with these panic attacks... i was just laying in bed and it felt like a hot flash and i had one... i talked myself thru it and it only lasted a few minutes compared to usual... thank you tho it does help talking to people who go thru it also and understand

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.