Panic Attack/Anxiety help

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi.

I am Rachel and aged 31. Im a single mother of a toddler. We live alone.

I am really struggling with servere anxiety. Its a constant feeling and never seems to go away.

I feel short of breath, and feel like im constantly hypovetilating. My hands shake, mouth goes all clammy and dry.

I am not eating as the feelings suppress my hunger.

I do not sleep well either, i often wake up even gasping for breath due to this nasty feeling.

It's getting to the point I can't even drive my car now as i feel in fear and my heart feels like its beating out my chest.

I feel scared to be home alone with my daughter, incase i take ill and no one's here!

I am going to see the doctor tomorrow as i feel so scared, sad and it's seriously making me feel im loosing my mind. 😞😢

1 like, 13 replies

Report / Delete

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rachel I applaud you for looking after your daughter with this terrible illness, I too wake up gasping for breath and hate living like this. Make sure you go and see your doctor. Big hugs xx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Rachel,

Don't get discouraged, just think that you will get help tomorrow. Let the doctor know what you are feeling. He will more thank likely prescribe something for anxiety.

Anxiety makes you feel like your going crazy, but don't worry you are not. If you pray, please pray.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

You are not alone. I too feel like this and it's awful xx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

first of all you are doing a wonderful job going through this awful time and looking after your toddler. all that you are experiencing is "commonl" symptons of those od anxiety I have had the feeling of waking up either gasping for breath of my heart beating heavy. it is very scary and must be even so for yourself being on your own with the little one. I hope you get the right help my love and it doesnt last for ever 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

make sure you tell the Dr everything and he or she will  help you. Sorry you are having a hard time of it.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Be honest with the doctor and they will help you. They are very familiar with all this. Feel better and good luck. 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Thanks for all your kind comments, lovely people.

Fingers crossed for a better day tomorrow 😘 X

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Rachel,

You will get through this. Know first and foremost that anxiety is very common. Anxiety will not kill you. The symptoms are scary but they won't harm you. You are hyper sensitive and everything is overly exaggerated. Your mind is racing, know that your fear is driving the symptoms. You are stressed about something. Look inside, what has happened in the past 6 months that has stressed you out. Anxiety comes from stress and exhaustion. Start to eliminate stress and symptoms will start to subside. Just remember, anxiety is very common. A good dr can help with the road to recovery. Hope this has helped.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Rachel

Sorry your going through a tough time especially when you have a little un

Your doing the right thing going to the doctors also consider therapy it teaches you how to cope with anxiety so it wont take over your life.

Stay Strongbiggrin

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello Rachel, be strong, there are lots of sufferers like you and I can assure you that only YOU can make yourself better.

I have had severe anxiety as well as panik attacks and i started up meditation and i can see that this help a lot. Do thins that make you happy.

All the best

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Rachel. Sorry you are going through this. I feel for you because when anxiety struck i had a newborn to care for, pretty much on my own. You are under a lot of pressure and it is great that you are seeking help. You would be surprised how many people would try to ignore it instead of reaching out. To their detriment. And as you see lots of people here have gone through similar ordeals at varying degrees. It is very common, can be treated and will not kill you or make you go crazy. You will pull through and be able to enjoy your days with your little one. Hope the doctor who sees you offers relief. By the way...since you have a toddler, i will assume he/she is up to 3 y.o.? Some bloodwork would be best done before throwing it all down to anxiety. You could be anemic, have thyroid disturbances or hormone or even mineral imbalances. Symptoms can be identical to anxiety. All of the above are also treatable and could be linked to post-partuum or post-breastfeeding issues. Just throwing it in so you look into it if possible and have a blood test if you haven't had one since the baby was born? All the best.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello Rachel, Are you better now? Hope things are in control now smile
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello Hun.

I saw a doctor today and have been put on medication for anxiety. Mine is caused by server aggro phobia so I kind of understand what your going through.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who is just starting the journey to recovery.

Things will get better xx

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up