Panic attack bad chest pain help please!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am currently out of nowhere going through a very very bad attack where my chest and heart are feeling like they are being squeezed and I can't breath and don't know if I should call an ambulance or not ? I am so scared I'm going through a heart attack and that my heart is going to stop and I'm going to die !!! I need help some advice please

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi sorry to message late I've only just joined this group maybe u should see a doctor who will prescribe u some thing for it as it sounds like u are having an anxiety attack, this may not help but try breathing in and out slowly and been very calm x

• Posted

Hi Sara,

Take some really good deep breathes. It sounds like you're having a panic attack. Try not to focus on your heart rate and focus on your breathing instead.

• Posted

Sounds more of like a panic attack. Heart attacks usually involve an intense pressure in the chest or some kind of crushing feeling. BUT panic attacks can give you the sensation as if your heart is being squeezed. However, i would see a doctor. I wouldnt call the ambulance unless you REALLY feel like you are having a heart attack and you really feel like you wouldnt be able to calm down. If you are not sure... Err on the side of safety just to be sure. But please do not do this if you can just take a moment... And breathe. Breathe in! Breathe out. Lay down if you have to and just try to meditate for a while. Burn some sage or smell some valerian as this could help with anxiety attacks.

Here are some questions for you

Do you have a family history of heart disease?

Do you have a family history of high bp?

Do you have a family history of anxiety?

Have you been to the doctor?

Do you go for regular check ups?

Do you have high bp? Cholesterol?

If any if these answers is yes, please see your doctor. They will evaluate you and will perform tests to rule out heart attacks and disease. Once thats done.. You will need to take meds or use some natural products to calm you down.

If you did call 911, depending on how severe your panic is... Or what the paramedics think... They will either take you to the hospital.. Or they will simply just check you bp... Oxygen levels... Ecg... And they will reassure you that you're fine and they'll go!! It really depends on what they think will solve the problem. Sometimes they'll end up taking the person to the hospital to make sure it really is not a heart attack... Because sometimes its so severe that they dont want to chance it. If they are nice enough.. They will let you request the hospital you want to go to.. But please... Only call the ambulance when you REALLY FEEL like you're gonna go crazy!!! Try to calm down first... And it that doesnt work ... Then you could give it a shot. EMS is always there for you.. And its better to be safe than sorry! I actually was very tempting to call the ambulance the other day too! But i managed to calm down a bit.

You will be FINE. You wont have a heart attack. Just try to stay healthy and excersise enough but DO NOT over exert yourself!!!

• Posted

Thank you so much for your advice! I was abled to calm down finally and it past. I'm 27 and I go to the dr regularly. I just can't stand these panic attacks as they have started to darastically handicap my life! I have a court date tomorrow too (divorce/custody battle) so I'm freaking out it's going to happen when I'm in there too!

• Posted

I no how u fell with court dates ect of 24 and going through them my self, I have anxiety and panic attacks, see your doctor see if he can help. But take ur time and learn to notice when there coming on, and you some how learn to controll them a little, they don't seam so strange if u see where I'm coming from x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.