Panic attack/breathing

Posted , 6 users are following.

Sitting on my bathroom floor trying to get my breathing under control. Got the overwhelming feeling that I can't catch my breath. Breathing too fast and not feeling any relief from it. Mind feels tired and foggy. Doesn't help I've only had max of 4 hours sleep last night as was out late and also up early this morning chasing the kids round park all day in th heat. Hate feeling like this. Feel like I'm gonna just stop breathing

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Press down on the diaphragm just under ur ribs at both sides. It will help u breathe deeper. Close ur eyes cos ur heart slows due by a third when u do this
  • Posted

Hi I suffer the same as you go to your nearest Holland and Barrett and get a spray called rescue remedie it's amazing keeps you calm and it's really good for panic and anxiety
    • Posted

I've got the spray and have been using it, it has helped me a little, I can feel myself slowing coming away from the panic x
    • Posted

Good I find that keeping a diary of the feelings and symptoms and the thoughts I have a help to that way your mind is clear
    • Posted

Think I will try that, do you find it takes a little while after the initial panic has gone to feel back to normal?
  • Posted

Resist the urge to move about frankly. Concentrate on breathing and nothing else. Ur not dying it will pass. Trust me I know exactly how u feel right now.
    • Posted

The first thing I did when the panic started was escape the room. Lying down now waiting for it to pass.
  • Posted

don't worry....try to drink 4-5 glasses of water (empty stomach) at morning, and then take breakfast after 45 minutes. Do this for 10 days regularly. You will be 100% ok smile

Somebody told me this and I tried....It really works. 

• Posted

it will be difficult to drink 4-5 glasses of water at start, but try to do this...if you make this habit, it will be best
  • Posted

Sometimes it takes a few hours after the initial attack. I'll start to get calmer and then real. Cold. When I feel like that it's comforting as I no its over for now.
    • Posted

I'm feeling a little calmer but it's still there if you know what I mean. Haven't had an attack like this for a good few weeks, think being tired and out in the sun all day has triggered it.
    • Posted

Lately I've been getting nearly 1 a day. But the breathing and lying down is helping me stop them when they come on

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.