Panic Attack I think?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey Everyone,

It's been awhile since I've used this platform...

An interesting thing happened 2 me today. I was on the computer and finished up doing what I was doing. I then went and hopped in the shower. This was about 3pm in the afternoon... I was prolly in there for about 30 sec-min, had music playing on my phone which was just outside the shower. I had a panick attack I guess, it felt like my legs were going 2 buckle and I lost feeling in my arms it would seem so I hopped out of the shower grabbed my phone ran downstairs and stepped outside. I grabbed my phone cause if I needed 2 phone 4 help I could. After a min I went backup and finished my shower then I went 4 a walk and I was fine. Been fine since.

I delt with anxiety 3 years ago and havent really felt with it since. I woke up had a coffee, nice bacon and eggs and toast breakfast. Dont normally have a big breakfast like that but coffee is always a staple and yah I dunno what brought that episode on. I was the only one here so if something did happen then... that's why I ran outside as well lol...

Any ideas what could have brought this on? I deal with stress as we all do in are daily lives but yah I dunno. Not overally worried.

Feedback if any would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Edited

It's a good thing that is not stressing you out. sounds like it was just a quick panic attack sometimes they just come on. next time you probably don't have to run outside. just don't lock your doors in case you have to call someone to come in.lol. but you handled it well good luck with everything hopefully that was just a one time thing.

• Posted

I do keep my doors locked lol but if I was in need of help I would unlock it. I went 4 a nice walk after 2 see my aunt in the nursing home and I walk through the hospital 2 get there but never stopped 2 get checked out I was fine.

I do feel kinda dizzy again 2day maybe it's the coffee? my doctor 3 years ago didnt seem 2 think coffee would be a big issue with anxiety so. Anyways I'm sure it will pass.

That is 4 the response.

• Edited

I can definitely relate... I myself have this happen frequently while im in the shower... Idk why it happens then?! I used to freak out & do the same thing... I would throw my robe on, grab my phone & jump in my car... like where am i going to go in my robe?! lol! It would pass & then i would continue my morning routine... I still have these episodes frequently... mostly if I'm home by myself.... I guess I've just learned to deal with it... alot of times I have to sit down & wait for my heart rate to come down to feel normal again 😦 It's a vicious cycle!

• Posted

so it always seems 2 happen when your about 2 go in the shower or in the shower? What do you feel while your in there? Also when you hop in ur car do u go 2 the hospital or just a drive 2 clear ur mind?

I feel a lil dizzy right now again maybe I should try giving up coffee? I only have 1 cup a day and I asked my doctor about that 3 years ago when I had my bout with anxiety and she didnt seem 2 think that would cause it so... But I know surguary drinks and high fatty foods dont help with anxiety....

Weird how I only seem 2 get dizzy around this time of the day!! I drink lots of water so.

Thanks 4 the comment it means alot!!

• Posted

Yes its very strange... its like im afraid to get in the shower! I can start to feel it come on so I just try to stand still until it passes. I usually have to get out & immediately sit down to get my HR down.

Yes I have drive to the ER & just sat outside in my car until it passes, then I would drive back home.

Im like you, i only have 1 cup a day, I dont drink pop or anything other than water. I gave up sweets & chocolate... it doesnt matter, I still have it 😦 So frustrating!

I hope this helps you... if you find anything that helps, please share!

• Edited

I have occasional heart urythmia (irregular heart beat) that has lasted for minutes and sometimes days.

I drink only 1 cup of coffee per day but if my heat starts skipping beats and doing drum rolls I boycott my coffee for 1 day and it usually correct things. I've recently been hospitalized for a ruptured appendix and while in the hospital doctors noticed my heart was beating irregular.

They put me on expensive blood thinners ( for life)

but since I had lived the past 25 years with only a few occurances I decided to only use the pills if it started again.

• Edited

I took my grandma shopping there yesterday and I got all dizzy but that happens from time 2 time when I go shopping so that's normal. I dont care being in big crowds sometimes I get like that and when I got outside or got home I was fine so.

What has the doctor told you about your situation?

Take Care

Mackie

• Posted

My Dr basically brushes it off... he did order a holter monitor, 2x, it showed nothing. I asked him to refer me to a Cardio but he said there is no need. He says its all anxiety & wants to put me on meds... I do t want to take thise so I just try to manage 😦

• Posted

Well maybe I should forgo my 1 cup of joe too... I just feel like I have given everything up & nothing is helping 😦

• Edited

yah I had all the heart tests done and everything came back fine so.

it's tough 2 hear that "it's just anxiety" but you just gotta trust that all the results came back in your favour and not think about it!! I like you didnt want 2 take any meds and didnt and still won't. I found places like this have helped.

• Edited

Are you dehydrated and possibly taking hot showers? The reason our pulse gets higher when in the shower is because the heat of the water makes our blood pressure get lower- all the blood is rushing to our skin. When your blood pressure gets lower, your pulse gets higher and you may feel dizzy, lightheaded, etc. I always try to wake up and have a cup of water before going into the shower.This is why doctors ask elderly patients, "are you at risk of falling." Make sure you're hydrated and see if that helps.

• Posted

Very interesting! Thank you... I will definitely try having some water first before I shower... makes sense 😃

• Posted

It doesn't sound like a panic attack to me.

It sounds like a reason to panic. But don't!

Do the logical thing and don't question it.

Go see your doctor and tell him the same story . He might have an idea what could have happened and better yet , correct it so it doesn't happen again.

It could be nothing but why risk it. Remember...Don't question it ...that's what actually can cause panic is when we continuously worry about something and can't get it out of our thoughts ... so just make an appointment and go.

Of it happens again go to emergency , it could be something that needs immediate attention.

Take care !

• Posted

How can you say I panicked but it wasnt a panick attack ? I had all the heart tests done and blood work done 3 years ago and I was fine, my doctor she just chalked it up 2 mild anxiety so. Not 2 worried about it just thought it was awful weird and wanted 2 see if other members could relate or share there thoughts.

Appreciate the feedback.

• Posted

I was suggesting that you didn't mention a reason for panic so it could be for a medical reason other than anxiety. I was saying don't panic about that feeling you had. It could be nothing or something but if you worry about it and obsess about it you can actually panic about panic symptoms and make things worse.

You can get a flu that could affect any part of your body . A doctor could tell you if it was urgent or not. Avoid panic because the more we dwell on it , the worse we make it. (From my experience).

It wasn't criticism...

Trying to help .Sorry !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.