Panic attack now

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm sat with family & friends in my local pub and I'm panicking! Nausea hot racing heart thoughts of a heart attack! Can anyone help me calm down

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi steph

You need to clear your thoughts and try and concentrate on something else,;like the conversation. If you need to,,step outside and get some fresh air. Take deep slow breaths and this will slow your heart rate.breath through your nose and out through your mouth. It will pass. The more you feed anxiety the worse it gets. I know all this is easier said than done,;I've been there, I know how you feel. Just try and take your mind off it. Talk to your friends and family. Big hugs xx

• Posted

Download some apps on ur phone for breathing and anxiety so you have something you can ise when your out.
  • Posted

I agree with them...just breath and know it's all in the head and head and there is nothing to be afraid of.
  • Posted

Hi stephxx 

I get that when i am out with family. I have anxieties and when they pop up when i am out of the house with family I tend to leave the table and go to the bathroom and splash cold water on my face and i do some deep breathing. 

Why don't you leave the table and go to the mens room to help yourself calm down 

Its not a heart attack you are just having anxieties 

Try to do some deep breathing splash cold water on your face to help you calm down 

Elizabeth

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.